In my excitement of driving empty roads today,I neglected to say what me an 2 buddies did on a hot August night back in 1991 on this road. About 2 in the morning one night we unloaded 2 Emmick 125cc 2 stroke Go Karts and let em rip !! To this day,still one of the most fun times I've had on 4 wheels 2 inches off the road.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
IMG_0490.JPG
And you have to rememberRruuff,This was before iPods !! So,for " road music" that night,it was this.

Reactions: nascar03
nice....... now I don't need to do the mountain cruise....... seen enough haha

Have you driven 742 ...... Smith Dorrien Trail ? Is it paved? it goes by Spray Lakes back to Canmore..... I have never driven that.

i have been down 40 a few times but never in a Corvette.

That place you parked at Upper Kananaskis Lake Day use looks like a nice backdrop for a Corvette photo shoot.

Reactions: MikeysZ06
nice....... now I don't need to do the mountain cruise....... seen enough haha

Have you driven 742 ...... Smith Dorrien Trail ? Is it paved? it goes by Spray Lakes back to Canmore..... I have never driven that.

i have been down 40 a few times but never in a Corvette.

That place you parked at Upper Kananaskis Lake Day use looks like a nice backdrop for a Corvette photo shoot.
The 742 is still gravel,sadly. And when out in K Country,one can never see enough !!

As for a group picture in that lot. That would be a superb destination for for a day cruise. Just under 2 hrs from my place.

What a wonderful road to drive. Lived in Calgary back in 1979-1981 and used to drive up to Fortress Mountain to ski.

Back in '94 I was at the Delta Hotel for a Conference. Porsche trailered in 8 brand new cars. They did a lottery and I won one of the seats in a 964. My ride along was a former Porsche driver, who showed me what the car could do, driving down the road to 40. I about crapped my pants when he was hitting 130 between corners on the way down. At the bottom we switched seats, and I took it down 40 for about 6 miles, hitting 180kph along the way and waiting for him to tell me to slow down. When we turned around he told me to really see what it would do, so I had it up to 220kph on the trip back, what a blast.

I was wondering how they'd let us do that on public roads, turns out they had let the local the RCMP take the a few of the cars out first!

The 742 is still gravel,sadly. And when out in K Country,one can never see enough !!

As for a group picture in that lot. That would be a superb destination for for a day cruise. Just under 2 hrs from my place.

Yes, maybe a fall day cruise....... the one in a few weeks won't have enough time to get to this area.

Think i have skied at Fortress years ago.

B

Thanks for "taking us with you" on the Kananaskis Road Trip MikeysZ06. :cool:
Commentary is appreciated for those who never knew ... :thumbs:
Probably gonna take an early morning to get up there for a photo op of the Stingray with nothing "civilized" around
... or to at least minimize Photoshop or Literoom fixing. :Rage:
The videos took me away from parking my butt in my chair at my desk on my workday. :rolleyes:
I hope it works well for you (and us) and be able to bless us with your company in a couple of weeks
... and we definitely respect that you must take care of your business if you cannot join in.
I know I will be watching these videos again and again and again from November'ish 2017 through to May'ish 2018. :Cryin:
Cheers! :happy:

Last edited:
Yes, maybe a fall day cruise....... the one in a few weeks won't have enough time to get to this area.

Think i have skied at Fortress years ago.

B
I worked at Fortress during the Olympics. It was a great hill. Joe Couillard and his family are what ruined it though.

A fall cruise to the upper lake parking lot is something I'd be into if we could get the ball rolling on that. Mid September colours can't be beat.

Alberta Tourism by Mikey. Very good video.

The karts must have been a blast. Porsche's too Smack.

Needless to say,we were drinking that night. It was fun !! And loud. The Karts were loaded into a pickup truck and covered by a tarp. We went back to our campsite and like everyone else,was wondering what the hell all that noise was.

Reactions: Jeremiad
Thanks for "taking us with you" on the Kananaskis Road Trip MikeysZ06. :cool:
Commentary is appreciated for those who never knew ... :thumbs:
Probably gonna take an early morning to get up there for a photo op of the Stingray with nothing "civilized" around
... or to at least minimize Photoshop or Literoom fixing. :Rage:
The videos took me away from parking my butt in my chair at my desk on my workday. :rolleyes:
I hope it works well for you (and us) and be able to bless us with your company in a couple of weeks
... and we definitely respect that you must take care of your business if you cannot join in.
I know I will be watching these videos again and again and again from November'ish 2017 through to May'ish 2018. :Cryin:
Cheers! :happy:
Anytime you have free time during the week,and I'm aware that might not be much. Let me know if you're going that way.

What a wonderful road to drive. Lived in Calgary back in 1979-1981 and used to drive up to Fortress Mountain to ski.

Back in '94 I was at the Delta Hotel for a Conference. Porsche trailered in 8 brand new cars. They did a lottery and I won one of the seats in a 964. My ride along was a former Porsche driver, who showed me what the car could do, driving down the road to 40. I about crapped my pants when he was hitting 130 between corners on the way down. At the bottom we switched seats, and I took it down 40 for about 6 miles, hitting 180kph along the way and waiting for him to tell me to slow down. When we turned around he told me to really see what it would do, so I had it up to 220kph on the trip back, what a blast.

I was wondering how they'd let us do that on public roads, turns out they had let the local the RCMP take the a few of the cars out first!
That would've been a lot of fun. Mercedes has done some " cloak and dagger " stuff out there as well.

Reactions: smackYYZ
A fall cruise to the upper lake parking lot is something I'd be into if we could get the ball rolling on that. Mid September colours can't be beat.

Yes, true.... Sept fall colors are nice.

2nd/3rd weekend in Sept might work... we can maybe plan closer to then... day trip means no hotels needed in the mountains.

Paul had his Mountain cruise stay in Cochrane once .... kinda close to the mountains after the day .. decent

B

Yes, true.... Sept fall colors are nice.

2nd/3rd weekend in Sept might work... we can maybe plan closer to then... day trip means no hotels needed in the mountains.

Paul had his Mountain cruise stay in Cochrane once .... kinda close to the mountains after the day .. decent

B
I have 2 weeks off in September as i always take my birthday ( 21st ))week off. So,I'd be good anytime then.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread