nice....... now I don't need to do the mountain cruise....... seen enough haha

Have you driven 742 ...... Smith Dorrien Trail ? Is it paved? it goes by Spray Lakes back to Canmore..... I have never driven that.

i have been down 40 a few times but never in a Corvette.

That place you parked at Upper Kananaskis Lake Day use looks like a nice backdrop for a Corvette photo shoot.
And the nice thing about that lot 2009CGMZR1 is that it's sloped towards the lake, sort of like theatre seating. The sun would be best for pics I'd say between 2-6 pm come September. 15/20 Corvettes would look fantastic out there. I'd be excited beyond words as I've been driving that road since I was 16/17 yrs old. I'd be overwhelmed if I could lead the group into there !! Probably start crying !! Lol.

And the nice thing about that lot 2009CGMZR1 is that it's sloped towards the lake, sort of like theatre seating. The sun would be best for pics I'd say between 2-6 pm come September. 15/20 Corvettes would look fantastic out there. I'd be excited beyond words as I've been driving that road since I was 16/17 yrs old. I'd be overwhelmed if I could lead the group into there !! Probably start crying !! Lol.

I was just thinking ( an hour ago ) that maybe this should be a cruise you organize and lead...... no crying.

You know the area well and also on a first name basis with each of the deer ;)

Yes, I also thought the sun would be behind the camera facing the front of the cars in the am I think..... you can't do that at Abraham Lake.

Brian

Reactions: MikeysZ06
I was just thinking ( an hour ago ) that maybe this should be a cruise you organize and lead...... no crying.

You know the area well and also on a first name basis with each of the deer ;)

Yes, I also thought the sun would be behind the camera facing the front of the cars in the am I think..... you can't do that at Abraham Lake.

Brian
Lol. They would be tears of joy and don't worry,they'd be wiped dry by the time I got out of my car. Nah,that would be exciting for sure.

Next time I go out there,maybe thurs. I'll stop in at the Barrier Lake info centre and find out if there's someone I could talk to about having a section of the lot roped off for us. I have no clue where to start but either them or the emergency services (cops) might be able to offer assistance. I used to know a couple of Yogis out there but they've moved on.

Afternoon sun for the cars. Morning sun for the mountains. But there is always the Highwood pass lot ( we'd have Corvettes at 7200 feet above sea level ) Or further down Hwy 40 to the Mt Lipsett day use area.

Anyone could organize an event in here. We have no Cruise Director or car show directors.

Paul and myself have kinda done some together cause we both have good idea's and we get along great.

You can plan a fall K-country cruise if you wish........ now you say 15-20 cars would be nice...... think along the lines of 6-18 as some cruises we have had 6-9 cars.

This next one in early June is looking like it will be an awesome turn out of cars / drivers.19-20 cars might not be the norm... but fine if it happens all the time!

B

Anyone could organize an event in here. We have no Cruise Director or car show directors.
Paul and myself have kinda done some together cause we both have good idea's and we get along great.

B

Ok,between SNIII and myself, we'll do something up. I'd like to do something that could involve making a stop at the Tim Hortons Children's Ranch that's on Hwy 40. Anyone think that 10-20 cars would get those kids and their families happy?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread