You're 5
Aug 28, 2014
Toronto
VetteCoins
Car
'15 ZF1
hello folks,

what's the update on the PDR issue?

are PDR equipped Cdn cars being delivered, or held back in BG parking lot?

thanks

hello folks,

what's the update on the PDR issue?

are PDR equipped Cdn cars being delivered, or held back in BG parking lot?

thanks

I don't even have a build date for mine - so it is prolly stop build, stop ship, stop sale until the fiasco is sorted out. Order submitted June 18
:swear:

mine is being built, but I wonder if it will be held up at factory or at the dealership until a resolution is announced.

Maybe the PDR is not the issue. Here's one for sale in Vancouver!!

2015 CHEVROLET CORVETTE STINGRAY COUPE

It has an aftermarket Nav system.... Pioneer is not the manufacturer of the factory system.

All that said, cars delivered before the stop sale was announced are out there, and the hold has been removed at the factory, so they likely have a solution coming imminently..

I got my 2015 early Sept. so the PDR is illegal???? I'll stick to what GM installed and will not be having the new upgrade. Experience has taught me don't touch what really doesn't need to be fixed. Works fine the way it is.

I got my 2015 early Sept. so the PDR is illegal???? I'll stick to what GM installed and will not be having the new upgrade. Experience has taught me don't touch what really doesn't need to be fixed. Works fine the way it is.

The PDR isn't illegal... Using it without anyone in the car knowing about it is illegal... So long as you don't intend to have the car be driven without you in it, you don't have a problem... It is illegal to record a conversation without someone in the conversation being aware of it. So long as you are in the car, you are good...

it has? do you know when it was removed?

Some time ago... It was a short term hold. Recognize that a production hold at this time is on production scheduled for the first half of November. Any car scheduled for production prior to that with PDR will get built and then wait for the update...

Oh I see... thank you.

do you know if it will be held up at BG or shipped at the dealer and held up here? My TPW is this week.

Oh I see... thank you.

do you know if it will be held up at BG or shipped at the dealer and held up here? My TPW is this week.

Sorry, but that is a question for your dealer, or perhaps the sponsoring dealer could address it.

Last edited:
Stop delivery on the PDR is released as of today... There is an update that removes the audio recording functionality when the car is in valet mode. Video and performance recording continues to function, but this addresses the privacy issue regarding audio recording of third parties...

Stop delivery on the PDR is released as of today... There is an update that removes the audio recording functionality when the car is in valet mode. Video and performance recording continues to function, but this addresses the privacy issue regarding audio recording of third parties...

Thank you for that information. My order includes the NAV/PDR and it is good know only constraints may bog down my car getting built.

Just picked it up and wow.... Love this car. Haven't had a chance to set up the electronics etc. NPP is worth every penny.

As reported earlier on this thread the stop sell was removed with this software fix now in place.

From the Detroit News...

When the car is in “Valet Mode,” which is part of the vehicle’s Performance Data Recorder, owners can secretly record conversations in their cars and performance data when they’re not along for the ride, such as when the car is being parked by a valet.

While that sounds like a great way to ensure you can prove some crazy valet may have caused the small ding in the Corvette’s fender, it’s also a great way to get in legal hot water: it’s illegal in many states to record conversations without telling the person being taped.

The automaker is developing a software fix for the problem, but in the interim, dealers have been instructed to tell customers about the problem. The “fix” is that audio recording will no longer be an option in valet mode, according to the automaker. Video and data recording will still done in Valet Mode.

GM will eliminate the audio recording capability of its "Valet Mode" for the 2015 Corvette.

“You must advise any customers who take delivery of an impacted vehicle that they should refrain from using Valet Mode until the update takes place,” according to a notice to dealers posted on

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.