I think it depends on the domestic dealership. Especially in the service area. I have a Ford Diesel and my wife drives a Lincoln MKX we purchased from our local dealer who we had also purchased my previous diesel and a Cougar from. Tranny went on the Cougar a year after all the warranty expired. They replaced it and said "no charge". Called it their good will warranty. Backed my diesel out of the garage and stupid me caught and broke my side mirror on the door jam. Took it in and the service manager came out and looked, said "I think we did that here" and replaced it no charge. My wife took her MKX in for ad oil change and a tire rotate a few weeks ago. They forgot to rotate the tires and she didn't notice until she brought it home and I looked at it. She called and told them, got a call of apology from the service manager the next morning. They brought a brand new Nautilus with no km on it out to my farm for my wife to drive, picked up the MKX and took it back with them. They delivered the MKX the next day with a bunch of Lincoln bling presents, picked up their Nautilus and the service manager called again to make sure everything was ok. Oh yeah. Our farm is 50 km from town. So there is exceptional service at some domestics and now wifey is thinking of buying a new Nautilus...lol...

I will take a luxury dealership any day over a domestic dealership. I still prefer to do my own work, but how you are treated by them vs. a
chevy dealership is ridiculous. They could care less about you. I've never owned a Jag, but I do own Range Rovers, they will bend over backwards for my wife, no questions asked.
Good thing it’s not my Jag. 😎

Reactions: WPGZ06
I would bring my C7 to the local show and shine/fireman's charity breakfast. Kids would love the car and they would always ask if they could sit in it. The parents would always be apologizing and saying no, you can't, but I would always say "Absolutely!". I would let the kids sit in the car and push the buttons. For the older ones I'd let them fire up the engine. The look on their faces was always worth it. I only drew the line on bringing ice cream into the car! :)

I think it depends on the domestic dealership. Especially in the service area. I have a Ford Diesel and my wife drives a Lincoln MKX we purchased from our local dealer who we had also purchased my previous diesel and a Cougar from. Tranny went on the Cougar a year after all the warranty expired. They replaced it and said "no charge". Called it their good will warranty. Backed my diesel out of the garage and stupid me caught and broke my side mirror on the door jam. Took it in and the service manager came out and looked, said "I think we did that here" and replaced it no charge. My wife took her MKX in for ad oil change and a tire rotate a few weeks ago. They forgot to rotate the tires and she didn't notice until she brought it home and I looked at it. She called and told them, got a call of apology from the service manager the next morning. They brought a brand new Nautilus with no km on it out to my farm for my wife to drive, picked up the MKX and took it back with them. They delivered the MKX the next day with a bunch of Lincoln bling presents, picked up their Nautilus and the service manager called again to make sure everything was ok. Oh yeah. Our farm is 50 km from town. So there is exceptional service at some domestics and now wifey is thinking of buying a new Nautilus...lol...
There ya go Rruuff. They knew what they were doing..."Pssstt don't rotate the tires, we will send out a new rig tomorrow and they will buy another one".

• Haha
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Yes, that dealer is great and they know what they're doing.... (building good relationships that last). We have a very similar experience with our Ford dealer here in Ottawa.... we've been with them for years and they always go above and beyond with us. We currently have three new Fords in our garage (the oldest is my '19 Mustang), and they treat us extremely well to the point the dealer principal contacts us regularly to make sure we're happy. Loaner vehicles are always provided without asking (not the norm unless you're Lincoln owner), they would typically place you in a rental car from Enterprise (yuck). Anyway, it was hard for my wife and I to "stray" from them because of how they treated us, but, when I told them we were buying a C8 to replace the Mustang GT (we had a reservation on new Mach 1 w/track pkg, but, $75k for just a Mustang GT, I couldn't swallow that pill), they were very happy for us and fully understood. Ford doesn't really have a competitor to that car, well, not at the C8's price point anyway. There is lots of great domestic dealers out there, they may be hard to find, but, they do exist.

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Ford doesn't really have a competitor to that car, well, not at the C8's price point anyway.
Do they still even make the GT? That is the only competitor Ford has to the C8 IMO. Not a fair comparison either, but the only mid engine car they make.
The mustang is a pony car and compares to the Camaro and not the Corvette, let alone the C8.

• Agree
Reactions: pozi240
Nice to see you C8ers getting good dealer service. A few years back my C4 VATS was acting up. 1st thing was to get my key code. Went to the local dealer, all friendly and helpful. The VATS kept on creating intermittent no starts so I called that dealer to see if they would look at it.... answer back.... Nope its too old! (I solved the VATS thing myself by installing an New Rockies digital bypass)

Conversely, when touring the states, we ate the fuel pump, got towed to a motel in Fort Wayne Indiana. I called the local GM dealer, they said just get the car to them and they'll look after it. I had it towed over and next day picked it up, running perfect, they completed a 27 point check of the car , all OK and apologized because they could not complete an old recall related to the seatbelts.

I'd go back to that Fort Wayne dealer, even if it were an 8 hour drive before I'd drive 10 minutes to the local guy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.