Jul 6, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
2020 HTC 3LT
Province
AB
New to the Vette world. All of my interactions with people and the car have been friendly and conversation starters, wherever I go. So many people want to talk about it.

Then this morning happened.....

Stopped for gas in a upscale neighbourhood of YYC- I'm the only one at the pump, beautiful morning,I check my surroundings as I'm filling. there's a Kia sportage and a Harley parked against the glass of the petrocan. Owners of vehicles inside the petrocan.
I go about checking out the gorgeous morning (still filling). Then my quiet bird watching moment gets interrupted by a loud voice"you want to eat it!". I'm somewhat startled to hear this gruff voice out of nowhere...i turn and look and it's the Harley owner petting his gas tank looking at me and he now repeats himself while stroking his tank like the back of a dog
"You want to eat it boy, you want to eat the Corvette?!!"
I don't give any satisfaction and just ignore him but then I hear....

"Yeah! My car eat a corvette!"

I turn to look....

Now, I'm getting punked by the kid with a Walmart ID wrapped around his neck who drives the 2012 sportage??

So Harley Hank and the Kia Kid are ragdolling bullying me in the petrocan parking lot....LOL

All I could do was laugh at this dynamic duo and go back to the stunning morning knowing I'd come home and share the moment and ask for yours in turn.

New to the Vette world. All of my interactions with people and the car have been friendly and conversation starters, wherever I go. So many people want to talk about it.

Then this morning happened.....

Stopped for gas in a upscale neighbourhood of YYC- I'm the only one at the pump, beautiful morning,I check my surroundings as I'm filling. there's a Kia sportage and a Harley parked against the glass of the petrocan. Owners of vehicles inside the petrocan.
I go about checking out the gorgeous morning (still filling). Then my quiet bird watching moment gets interrupted by a loud voice"you want to eat it!". I'm somewhat startled to hear this gruff voice out of nowhere...i turn and look and it's the Harley owner petting his gas tank looking at me and he now repeats himself while stroking his tank like the back of a dog
"You want to eat it boy, you want to eat the Corvette?!!"
I don't give any satisfaction and just ignore him but then I hear....

"Yeah! My car eat a corvette!"

I turn to look....

Now, I'm getting punked by the kid with a Walmart ID wrapped around his neck who drives the 2012 sportage??

So Harley Hank and the Kia Kid are ragdolling bullying me in the petrocan parking lot....LOL

All I could do was laugh at this dynamic duo and go back to the stunning morning knowing I'd come home and share the moment and ask for yours in turn.
You should have asked them what their 0 to 60 (100) was. Then when you tell them yours is 2.8 they'd shut up.

Reactions: 2KforeverC5
I was filling mine at the Beacon Hill Costco early Saturday morning and all I got was thumbs up from three people. We still need to connect so Wife and I can see a C8 up close.
Cheers,
Bob

First Story
When I first got my C7 in 2015, I pulled up to the pump to get gas one sunny day and there was a 911 on the other side of the pump. The guy never even glanced or said hello...Oh Well. No biggie. Then a car pulls in behind him with three youngish girls. They get out and rush right over to me oouuh-ing and ahhh-ing over my car...(or I think it was the car..lol), and never even gave the Porsche a look... the look on the guys face told the story.... Off he went while the girls were taking selfies of them and my car...

Second Story
Couple years ago, I was coming back from a run to Vancouver on Hwy 3 (One of my favorite mountain roads) and stopped in Pincher Creek for the night. I pulled up to a motel and was just getting out when this ratty looking Fox mustang pulls up beside me and this guy that looked as ratty as the car rolls down his window and says... "Hey buddy. You want to race for pink slips?" I just said no thanks and started to turn away when he says "you probably drive like a woman anyway". Now I'm laughing and turn back and tell him why would I race a $90,000 dollar car against a $800.00 POS that I'd just donate to the first homeless person I saw here. Up comes his middle finger wave as he punched the gas and dumped the clutch. He actually got some tire spin along with clutch plate slippage and off he went...I just shook my head and laughed while watching him turn in what was likely a 17 second 1/4 on the main road.......

First Story
When I first got my C7 in 2015, I pulled up to the pump to get gas one sunny day and there was a 911 on the other side of the pump. The guy never even glanced or said hello...Oh Well. No biggie. Then a car pulls in behind him with three youngish girls. They get out and rush right over to me oouuh-ing and ahhh-ing over my car...(or I think it was the car..lol), and never even gave the Porsche a look... the look on the guys face told the story.... Off he went while the girls were taking selfies of them and my car...
Do you have pictures of the 1st story? :)

Never had a bad interaction.

The best interaction I've had yet was about two years ago with my C7 Z06. I was at my local craft brewery around the corner from my house (a little hole in the wall) parked out front when I see an old Camry come in. A father, who I suspect was in his 40s and his daughter, maybe 16 and their therapy dog come out of the car. The father is just walking around the car, checking it out etc. Nothing bad by any means, after a few minutes his daughter comes into the brewery and announces that she's sorry about her father looking and walking around the car to whoever the owner is. I laughed as I thought it was hilarious that the father is as excited as a teenager to look at it and his daughter, the teenager is being very grown up about it.

I come outside and start talking to him, he said he was driving by and saw it parked and just had to pull in to look at it. I let him sit in it, check it out and they went on there way a little bit later.

I was out for a cruise last summer and a pickup truck pulled beside me at a stop sign. His wife rolled down the passenger window and the driver told me he loved the car and had one coming in the next week or so. He asked if I'd pull over so he could check out my car. While all this is becoming rather common place with the C8 what stood out was this fellow owns the rights to all GM apparel in Canada. Choko Designs. I just happened to be wearing one of his hats! lol

Myself and Howard were having a coffee at a Tim Hortons last summer when 3 young children 5 or 6 years old came in with their grand parents. They were admiring our cars through the window, for the time they were there and when we were ready to leave, we asked if they wanted to sit in the cars and have their grand parents take some picutures. They were somewhat shy at first but we persuaded them to give it a go, so in they got and had their photo op. I guess they had a great storey to tell mom and dad when they got home.

My best experience was with the service advisor when I took my C8 to have the audio amplifier replaced. He refused to leave the car outside. Wanted it in the service bay area where no cars would be near it to cause bumps and scratches. Covered the entire interior so it wouldn't get dirty. Kept it inside till I picked it up. He went way over the top. Plus a ton of people on the road love the car every where I go.

My best experience was with the service advisor when I took my C8 to have the audio amplifier replaced. He refused to leave the car outside. Wanted it in the service bay area where no cars would be near it to cause bumps and scratches. Covered the entire interior so it wouldn't get dirty. Kept it inside till I picked it up. He went way over the top. Plus a ton of people on the road love the car every where I go.
My dealer service is the same way. Remains in the bay until the mechanis takes it and then parked back in the bay untilI pick it up... Just good stuff....

For weeks now, 2 women would walk by(excellent proportions on both of them) and ignore me as I was watering the grass etc.
Yesterday as I was entering my driveway with the C8 all shiny with ceramic coating , there they were stopped and watching.
As they say, you salute the rank(a C8 ?) and not the man.

Every dealership service dept. should operate like this! If only

Yes. What an experience when I picked up my brother's JAGUAR after an oil change. Likewise, you should see the bill too.
I will take a luxury dealership any day over a domestic dealership. I still prefer to do my own work, but how you are treated by them vs. a
chevy dealership is ridiculous. They could care less about you. I've never owned a Jag, but I do own Range Rovers, they will bend over backwards for my wife, no questions asked.

Reactions: 2KforeverC5
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.