ron fish

2 You're 10
Jan 21, 2012
Whitby
VetteCoins
Car
2002 coupe
Hi everyone. I have an 02 coupe. Havings intermittant problems with turn signal (L&R). Somedays they work, other days they don't. Checked fuses and all are ok. I was told it could be the "flasher". Any ideas would be helpful.
Ron

Flasher

GM is known for using some pretty crappy flashers. They dont have to be totally gone for them to cause problems with the signal lights.I have had to change a couple on GM cars for this very reason. Its the first thing I would look into.

I'm having the same problem with my 2000. I finally took the bulbs out and had a look and it looked like they had been shorted out. I cleaned the insides of the plugs and scraped the metal parts, replaced the bulbs and they work fine now. The way i found easiest to get to the bulbs is by moving the air intakes down and reaching up to the plugs. Sometimes you might have to take off the plastic shrouds to reach in and undo the plug. Make sure to push the locking tab. You can pull the entire plug out through the intake and even enough wiring in case you need to splice in new plugs.

I have a 2004 C5 & the driver side flashes dash, passenger side flashes normally but all of the bulbs light, none are burned out. Where is the flasher located on a 2004 C5? Also what is a “stalk”?

Hi. The stalk is your turn signal lever (and all the other contols on it). Until a C5 expert chimes in and corrects me, I think the signal flasher is up under the dash behind the 4 way flasher switch.

Hi. The stalk is your turn signal lever (and all the other contols on it). Until a C5 expert chimes in and corrects me, I think the signal flasher is up under the dash behind the 4 way flasher switch.
Yes. That's where the flasher is. There are You Tube videos on how to get at it. Be prepared. It is a mayor PITA to get at.

I would look at the bulbs first anyways, as they may be functioning, but not functioning properly with the correct resistance. This would be a less expensive check than tearing apart the dash.
Also, if items are working intermittently on the C5, the first thing to do is clean all the main electrical connectors.

I had the same issue recently and replaced the Hazard Switch. Working Great now

I had the same problem on my 04 but upgraded all my bulbs (inside and out) with led bulbs and a hyper flash harness (underneath dash). I no longer have the problem and harness was easy to install (plenty YouTube videos) and took 10 min. I’m convinced the harness was the solution since I was using my turn signal several weeks before I upgraded my turn signals bulbs.

common issue with the hazard switch, it is obsolete from GM.
Aftermarket are available but you can drill a small hole in it and spray contact cleaner in it and work the switch several times.
Worked perfectly for me, and you don't need to remove the switch.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.