CCO

Old Timer
Aug 5, 2011
Cambridge ON
VetteCoins
Car
2006 vert, 1994 vert
Plan on stopping in on Dasilvamotorsports this week probably Thursday if the weather forecast holds out.
Would love to check out all the fine rides Manny is working on this winter including Garry's Z06 from Alb.

The regulars: Tony & Kathy, Brian, Wayne and Terry and I will probably make the trip but anyone who is free is welcome to come along.

Should be sometime around midday Thursday -- but watch the weather. At the moment it's promising for that day.

C.

That is a very tempting idea Colin; I just happen to be off this week and Thursday is the best day for me...:driving:

Good morning Gentlemen,

Loaded two trucks of wheat yesterday but the third one started to lose power as it was leaving the yard so we didn't get it loaded. Awesome weather yesterday, maybe -10 but no wind at all. This morning, well -17 with a wind straight from the north at 26 km so with the wind chill it is -28. I managed to stay out walking for almost 5 km before i threw in the towel. Cold doesn't get me but wind really bothers me!

Darn you Colin et al. being able to have a get together at Manny's! Please take a group pic with my car and send it to me?? Tell her that I am lonely for her but she'll be happy after her time with Manny.

Considering that I'm out of the gene pool right now anyway I probably could give my left testicle to be able to attend and not really miss it! It really was sort of funny. Going in to chemo class before I started treatment back in 2006 and being told that if I wanted to have children to donate sperm as the chemo was going to toast me boys and probably make me sterile after. I had to think to myself who thinks about procreating at a time like this when all I was interested in was living!

So lots of pictures please!!

By the way, Colin, did you have to break in your Red Stuff pads? Any comments to encourage me to go bottle picking?

Cheers,

Garry

No worries Garry, we'll give her a cuddle and kiss and take a few pics for you.

Red Stuff brakes are acting just fine but will take many more miles to properly break in. Until then they squeak a little , but I'm really liking the way they work and feel. Up to this point I'll say they're a good investment. Dusting is severely reduced too.

Damn that's frosty out there. Stay warm my friend.

C.

Good morning Colin,

That is great to hear as the dust on the front rims is very annoying. Stopping distances I'm good with although if that gets improved a bonus, but having my front rims stay clean for more than the 1st stop sign after the car wash is going to make this a must-acquire! I'm sure after the trip home they should be seated properly........

Still no word if the 3rd truck is running yet so I'm staying inside where it is warm.

Cheers,

Garry

It is my understanding from Dave the Manny is away from the shop this week. Hopefully the weather holds for you guys.

Correct Terry. He's away from the shop -- unfortunate but unavoidable at the moment.

We'd still love to see the cars tho and have one more meet for the season.
Garry's Z06 is attracting a lot of attention right now as is the '70 Pocho project among others there.

C.

Should be there Collin.
11:30 @ Tim's ........... Thanks for the link...... I'll find it.

Click on the little map for an expanded version. That Tim's isn't too far from Manny's house off Townline Rd. Just go straight up Townline and cross the 401 and left at the next light. The Tim's is on the corner with the Petro-Can station.

C.

What time do you plan on being at Manny's? I'm closer to his shop than the Tim's if I decide to go. Thusday looks sunny but there'll be a wind chill.

What time do you plan on being at Manny's? I'm closer to his shop than the Tim's if I decide to go. Thusday looks sunny but there'll be a wind chill.

Hi Greg, We should be at Tim's by 11:30 so we should be at Manny's by 12:00.

Hope you can make it. The weather looks favourable as does your gas price.:D

Can you do the round trip on one tank?

Do you have Manny's address in Breslau or do you need a link to it?

C.

Hi Greg, We should be at Tim's by 11:30 so we should be at Manny's by 12:00.

Hope you can make it. The weather looks favourable as does your gas price.:D

Can you do the round trip on one tank?

Do you have Manny's address in Breslau or do you need a link to it?

C.

I have Manny's website in my favorites. Looks like I can come in off of highway #7 from Guelph and go down either Woolwich street or county road 17.

I wish I could make it on one tank! The last trip down, I had to stop in Mount Forest on the way bank as the guage was just above E. It reads a bit pessimistic as I still had some in reserve. It's only a 68 litre tank. The Green Party does not like my ride. It ain't no Prius. :nono:

I have Manny's website in my favorites. Looks like I can come in off of highway #7 from Guelph and go down either Woolwich street or county road 17.

I wish I could make it on one tank! The last trip down, I had to stop in Mount Forest on the way bank as the guage was just above E. It reads a bit pessimistic as I still had some in reserve. It's only a 68 litre tank. The Green Party does not like my ride. It ain't no Prius. :nono:

LOL, The Green Party -- Glad to hear that you can make it. If you come in off #7 onto Woolwich then you go thru town and Manny's is almost all the way thru and on the left across from the refinery. If you go via #17 then you bypass town and turn right on Woolwich and Manny's is almost immediately on the right down a long driveway.

Provided the weather holds we'll see you Thursday at noon. Safe trip.

Cheers

Colin.

Greg if you come in on #17 and go about a kilometer to Woolwich and make the right turn you'll see this view: Manny's is the building right behind the white schoolbus :

Untitled-1.jpg

Thanks for the visual Colin. I'll confirm by tomorrow night. May try to convince a friend who has a red '89 Vette coupe to come along. I think he has his off the road now but he may want to ride shotgun. Nice to have someone to talk to on the longer runs.

Greg is meeting us at Tim's (Jamieson and Townline) at 11:30 and having a coff with us with his friend Brad -- who has a C4 -- Brain .. I knew that would make you happy. It's off the road for the winter but he has one and that means another C4 owner in our midst.

See you guys and gals there at 11:30

Directions in above posts.

Cheers,
Colin.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread