thanks trying to find a plug in type to the unit in the trunk
The one I mention in #13 of this thread has the plug in (shown in the picture). Are you in YYC? If you are then it’s at Jack Carter Chev Parts Dept Desk ... Schumacher ... Amazon sells a similar one (however not sure). I do use my GM maintainer like the one you are getting but I do like the Schumacher as it comes with all the options.

Won't be any problem letting it run for 10 minutes Ita vette. Do like I did.....once.... Backed it out of the garage (warm tires)... into the snow outside my door... Took at least 10 minutes to get it back in.. Still thanking my wife for pushing... She did raise an eyebrow when I gave her a microfibre towel to push with... hahahaha
Bleach on a rag the wipe the tread on the rear tires would have made it a lot easier..Just like having ice radials..

i was told to start it up once and a while and let it run for a bit....Some folks say no...Now im confused
ITA Vette,

I do start them up in-between Christmas and New Years - just to let them know I am still thinking about them! :):)
Let them run for a while and if weather permitting I will run them up and down the drive way.

Every day YYC is blessed with a Chinook, I am blessed with the rumble of starting up our two gems ... :thumbs:
but, regardless of what they are trying to tell me, the Rays will not get further than the sidewalk at the end of the driveway :Nono1:

Last edited:
Reactions: BDK and ddgermann
My apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong place, I've just recently purchased a 2006 Z06 and the battery is located in the trunk. What is the best way to setup a trickle charger for the winter? I have purchased a battery Tender for the car. Thanks in advance for any help.

My apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong place, I've just recently purchased a 2006 Z06 and the battery is located in the trunk. What is the best way to setup a trickle charger for the winter? I have purchased a battery Tender for the car. Thanks in advance for any help.
Without knowing 2006 Corvettes, I expect there are remote terminals under the hood, in expectation of accesss for convenient boosting or charging. I know that is the case with brother-in-laws 2012 Camaro.

Last edited:
Without knowing 2006 Corvettes, I expect there are remote terminals onder the hood, in expectation of accesss for convenient boosting or charging. I know that is the case with brother-in-laws 2012 Camaro.
C7 and C8 come with battery maintainer ( OEM option). Maybe there is one for the C6?

I use a Noco. Excellent !. You'll also need an optional cigarette lighter adapter as well.... to plug into the charging port at the right rear side of the trunk.
Get a unit that has 3-5 amps charging power as there tends to be a lot of stuff going on in the background at times that draws power.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 BAD 9T9
As you've asked for information on a "trickle charger", I'm trusting that you want to maintain the charge during periods of non-use and / or for winter storage. If that's the case then, as previously stated, any name brand, solid state, automatic battery charger/maintainer with a charging current range of around 1 to 3 amps should do the job.

The OEM charger that can be purchased as an option from GM is made by CTEK, their model 3300. If purchased with the car it's $115.00. The same charger/maintainer can be bought from Amazon Canada for around $90.00 but you will need the 12V port adaptor, CTEK 56-263, if you want to use the rear 12V outlet in the car. It's an extra $22.00 so you are close to the price of the OEM charger. If you can buy from Amazon US it's much cheaper when it goes on sale.

I bought the NOCO G3500 and the adaptor from CT when it was on sale for around 87.00. It's a true "smart charger" and has enough amperage to bring back a fully discharged battery without overcharging. Lots of other features but I bought it primarily for winter storage. Great specs and good value.

There are many other products from CTEK, NOCO, Schumacher and Battery Tender that will do the job.

Best regards
Ross
I have run CTEK battery tenders on all our winter stored vehicles including the lawn tractors with never a problem come spring start up time. I've been putting cars away since 1972 and before the battery tenders, I just disconnected the battery for the winter and took the battery into the house where it was warm.

Reactions: Dik
I have run CTEK battery tenders on all our winter stored vehicles including the lawn tractors with never a problem come spring start up time. I've been putting cars away since 1972 and before the battery tenders, I just disconnected the battery for the winter and took the battery into the house where it was warm.
Here are my experiences with battery maintainers.

1999 Corvette and 2007 Pace Car both used Battery Tender Junior with 0.75 Amp - OK for early models but cannot maintain newer cars with all of the battery drain when stationary. Note that the 2007 was on tender for 18 months during Covid when I did not drive the car and all was good when I eventually started the car.

Now for my 2017 Grand Sport I needed to up the ante - Motomaster Simple Series 3 Amp - works fine. Also second one for 2012 Lincoln Corsair when go south for 3 months in January. All sourced from Canadian Tire. On the C7 I had to modify the connection to the car by adding a cigarette lighter connection to the wires connecting the charger to the battery and then plug it in to the full time receptacle in the trunk. The C7 battery is in the trunk without easy terminal access. No big deal.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread