I run a bunch of the C-Tire Eliminator 2a . It comes with several cable choices so you can hook it up either direct to the battery, the cig lighter etc. 3 year warranty . Had only one fail after 2 years and got a replacement free. On sale around the $ 30-35 .

just purchased a 2019 Vette wondering what is the best trickle charger out there for the money

As you've asked for information on a "trickle charger", I'm trusting that you want to maintain the charge during periods of non-use and / or for winter storage. If that's the case then, as previously stated, any name brand, solid state, automatic battery charger/maintainer with a charging current range of around 1 to 3 amps should do the job.

The OEM charger that can be purchased as an option from GM is made by CTEK, their model 3300. If purchased with the car it's $115.00. The same charger/maintainer can be bought from Amazon Canada for around $90.00 but you will need the 12V port adaptor, CTEK 56-263, if you want to use the rear 12V outlet in the car. It's an extra $22.00 so you are close to the price of the OEM charger. If you can buy from Amazon US it's much cheaper when it goes on sale.

I bought the NOCO G3500 and the adaptor from CT when it was on sale for around 87.00. It's a true "smart charger" and has enough amperage to bring back a fully discharged battery without overcharging. Lots of other features but I bought it primarily for winter storage. Great specs and good value.

There are many other products from CTEK, NOCO, Schumacher and Battery Tender that will do the job.

Best regards
Ross

I run a bunch of the C-Tire Eliminator 2a . It comes with several cable choices so you can hook it up either direct to the battery, the cig lighter etc. 3 year warranty . Had only one fail after 2 years and got a replacement free. On sale around the $ 30-35 .
thanks wondering if i spend the extra money and get a really good one

As you've asked for information on a "trickle charger", I'm trusting that you want to maintain the charge during periods of non-use and / or for winter storage. If that's the case then, as previously stated, any name brand, solid state, automatic battery charger/maintainer with a charging current range of around 1 to 3 amps should do the job.

The OEM charger that can be purchased as an option from GM is made by CTEK, their model 3300. If purchased with the car it's $115.00. The same charger/maintainer can be bought from Amazon Canada for around $90.00 but you will need the 12V port adaptor, CTEK 56-263, if you want to use the rear 12V outlet in the car. It's an extra $22.00 so you are close to the price of the OEM charger. If you can buy from Amazon US it's much cheaper when it goes on sale.

I bought the NOCO G3500 and the adaptor from CT when it was on sale for around 87.00. It's a true "smart charger" and has enough amperage to bring back a fully discharged battery without overcharging. Lots of other features but I bought it primarily for winter storage. Great specs and good value.

There are many other products from CTEK, NOCO, Schumacher and Battery Tender that will do the job.

Best regards
Ross
I had the one that came with the car, failed the first year I used it. I will second the NOCO G3500 as a good choice. I have been very happy with it.

Been using a C-tek maintainer for a number of years. First on my Camaro and now on my Corvette. Haven't had an issue with it yet or the batteries. I park my car right next to an outlet to avoid an extension cord. Picked it up at an interstate battery store for a little over $60.00 taxes in when it was on sale.

I use this on for my Hummer 😂

1542838419535.jpeg

However Genius chargers / maintainers are really good and they have em in all shapes and sizes. Canadian Tire is where I got mine.

I noticed the one factory one I got with my Corvette was flashing a week ago and I was able to reset it. Not sure if it will be ok or not. Find out in a month. I have a second one from the last car still new in the box so I will be using this one up too before I get a genius one for the Vette.
Ross and others have given some great advice but if you decide on a Genius charger / maintainer you won’t go wrong. For me it’s not about price as much as the quality of the charger.
1542838850740.jpeg

All the best with your decision on the maintainer for your battery; which you absolutely need unless you disconnect the battery from the car.

And welcome to CCF.
As Murray said photos are mandatory 😂
We all want to see your new Z51 👍

just purchased a 2019 Vette wondering what is the best trickle charger out there for the money
I have 5 battery maintainers on various cars, trucks and farm vehicles. They range anywhere from Shumacher, CT Eliminator, CTEK, and the CTEK GM tender that came with my Vette. I have never had a problem with any of them. You might be further ahead to ask if there are any that members have had problems with... And cdnrx is correct. You want a maintainer/tender/smart charger as opposed to a trickle charger.. You want your unit to recognize and shut down when your battery doesn't require a charge..... And welcome to the forum. Where's the picture of your car? :Biggrin:

This is the only one I would get now. Owned a few lesser priced with just the little lights
that go on and off. This one scrolls warnings, diagnostics and maintaining progress.
My Ray came with the Corvette one so I use it … but this one I use for my boat and boat lift batteries.
Has all the connections including the one we just plug into the Corvette C7.
My GM Dealer sells so many of these … I've referred many Yukon, Sierra, Cadillac,
Boat & Motorcycle Owners with this without any complaints other than it's initial cost.
Mainly used for storage with the battery in the vehicle for extended holidays while
having it fully alarmed with the vehicle remote (beep beep).
026666810746.jpg

Last edited:
I use this on for my Hummer 😂

View attachment 21439

However Genius chargers / maintainers are really good and they have em in all shapes and sizes. Canadian Tire is where I got mine.

I noticed the one factory one I got with my Corvette was flashing a week ago and I was able to reset it. Not sure if it will be ok or not. Find out in a month. I have a second one from the last car still new in the box so I will be using this one up too before I get a genius one for the Vette.
Ross and others have given some great advice but if you decide on a Genius charger / maintainer you won’t go wrong. For me it’s not about price as much as the quality of the charger.
View attachment 21441

All the best with your decision on the maintainer for your battery; which you absolutely need unless you disconnect the battery from the car.

And welcome to CCF.
As Murray said photos are mandatory 😂
We all want to see your new Z51 👍
thank u so much... enjoying reading all the helpful hints...Makes my decision easier

Reactions: ddgermann
Been using a C-tek maintainer for a number of years. First on my Camaro and now on my Corvette. Haven't had an issue with it yet or the batteries. I park my car right next to an outlet to avoid an extension cord. Picked it up at an interstate battery store for a little over $60.00 taxes in when it was on sale.
excellent thanks again

Reactions: Keith Tedford
I have 5 battery maintainers on various cars, trucks and farm vehicles. They range anywhere from Shumacher, CT Eliminator, CTEK, and the CTEK GM tender that came with my Vette. I have never had a problem with any of them. You might be further ahead to ask if there are any that members have had problems with... And cdnrx is correct. You want a maintainer/tender/smart charger as opposed to a trickle charger.. You want your unit to recognize and shut down when your battery doesn't require a charge..... And welcome to the forum. Where's the picture of your car? :Biggrin:
thank u... looks like alot of people r siding with the CTEK.... Pic of car is coming if i can figure it out

Reactions: Keith Tedford
thank u... looks like alot of people r siding with the CTEK.... Pic of car is coming if i can figure it out

Yes absolutely for the corvettes CTEK are a good charger / maintainer for a fair price.
You can’t go wrong getting one. 👍

You will find Corvette owners here are always looking for what works the best for the cars. There are many great threads with great information on things related to driving, modifications and storing a corvette.
Derek

I’ve been using this Deltran for 4years now with no problems, but you can’t go wrong with any one on this thread.👍

Attachments

• 68E4FCF1-8CE1-48E9-B385-2D3EF5D6C196.jpeg
    68E4FCF1-8CE1-48E9-B385-2D3EF5D6C196.jpeg
    737.9 KB · Views: 20
I bought my second factory ordered Corvette within two years of each other, last April. Both never came with a charger. Weird. The 2019 had even less stuff in the trunk for accessories, than the ‘16. Anyways it was too easy just to go to parts & purchase A GM product. Works great.

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.