My take on that Keith is that for so called normal use, including some trips to the track shouldn't be a problem, but when these same stock cars are abused by drivers with more enthusiasm than skill, one can expect failures.
Sounds reasonable to me.

C.

My take on that Keith is that for so called normal use, including some trips to the track shouldn't be a problem, but when these same stock cars are abused by drivers with more enthusiasm than skill, one can expect failures.
Sounds reasonable to me.

:agree:

A good insurance policy for normal use would be to change the fluid more often than the normal schedule will require. It is a low cost operation with great benefit

I wonder how many 2005s like ours are damaged while running the stock rubber. They seem to have a reputation, warranted or otherwise, for having a weak differential housing prone to splitting open under hard use. Running slicks and dumping the clutch at 5K rpm is rough as well as does wheel hop or drive line shudder that these cars can experience. I like to get onto it once in a while but don't relish the thought of replacing the diff and the transmission. No matter which one breaks, it seems to take out the other and THAT would be some expensive to replace I would think.

I wonder how many 2005s like ours are damaged while running the stock rubber. They seem to have a reputation, warranted or otherwise, for having a weak differential housing prone to splitting open under hard use. Running slicks and dumping the clutch at 5K rpm is rough as well as does wheel hop or drive line shudder that these cars can experience. I like to get onto it once in a while but don't relish the thought of replacing the diff and the transmission. No matter which one breaks, it seems to take out the other and THAT would be some expensive to replace I would think.

Keith -- discuss your concerns with Manny. He is very familiar with 'O5's and may be able to suggest a solution for you, altho I'm pretty sure he'll tell you that 'O5's are just fine under normal use.
He'll suggest what that 'normal use' might involve including track time and necessary mods to the diff.

C.

From what I read in the article, a lot of the failure points were upgraded on the C6. You should be good for spirited driving! :D
So far this past year, I've had the worst drive train shake I have ever experienced. So far I've been lucky but I hope to limit this as much as possible in the future.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.