Feb 15, 2011
Pickering, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2007 C6
Has anyone ever rented a trailer to tow their car? one of my racing events is 4 hrs away and I don't wanna risk driving all the way out their .. racing .. and coming home. I tried to ask Uhaul but they won't allow me to rent a trailer for towing a corvette... any ideas?

Has anyone ever rented a trailer to tow their car? one of my racing events is 4 hrs away and I don't wanna risk driving all the way out their .. racing .. and coming home. I tried to ask Uhaul but they won't allow me to rent a trailer for towing a corvette... any ideas?

Just buy a trailer you cheap bugger :rofl:

odd that U Haul said that.... I've rented one from them twice to tow my vette around no problem.... they just warned me to watch for ground clearance etc ... great trailer btw.... has folding fenders etc to make it easy to open the driver door...

I have a car trailer that I have to put some things back together this Saturday ( had it sand blasted and repainted). I have never tried loading my C6 ZR1 on it yet.

I will let you know what i learn when I try. I have used the trailer for other race cars..... hope the Vette is not too wide...... my wheel well flares might be too high so wonder if I will have to exit through the hatch...haha.

I found a nice alum enclosed I want but not buying it now....... unless mine don't work.

I will try reply next week. post here a reminder if I forget... getting old.

Brian

OK, I loaded and tied down my C6 ZR1 last weekend.

I don't have the carbon body side skirts and front dam and the car is still tricky to load.

I have a dove tail trailer ( think that is what it is called ) and still have to watch when I load.

The car is wide, I have just over an inch on each side. I had to put some 2x10's down to get the car up higher to be able to open the door.

Tie downs straight forward, mostly on the half shafts and front A arms. If I had the front CF dam I might have a tie down issue but if your car is a C6 you wont have this issue.

Hope this helps you... some pictures below.

photo3.jpg

photo7.jpg

photo8.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo4.jpg

odd that U Haul said that.... I've rented one from them twice to tow my vette around no problem.... they just warned me to watch for ground clearance etc ... great trailer btw.... has folding fenders etc to make it easy to open the driver door...

:agree: Rented a U-haul autotranport last year pulling the C6 GS home from the border (500km). No issues. Need to be careful loading Vette on as the squeeze is tight. ANother trick, I jacked up under the hitch of the truck which makes the a$$ end of the hauler lower and make the ramps less slope.......

Frank

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.