Traded my '23 for a '27 coupe

Messages
291
Reaction score
271
VetteCoins
5,873
Car
23 2LT Z51 mag
Province
ON
I took delivery of a 2027 coupe last week.
A few observations; I didn't option Z51 or mag ride this time, since I don't track anyway. And trying to keep it under $100k to avoid Jerk's (oops, I mean Justin's) stupid Luxury Tax. Performance exhaust doesn't seem to be an option anymore, but pressing Z on the steering wheel makes a definite difference in sound level. A cold start brings out a raspy bark for a few seconds. Without Z51, a mechanical limited slip diff replaces the electronic unit. It's also a lower numerical ratio, approximately 1250 rpm at 100 clicks, compared to 1450ish. I'm amazed at the fuel economy; a 6.7L (409 cu in) with 400 km on it, I'm reading 6.6 L/100 on a trip from Peterborough to Milton. That's only 1 L more than my Jeep Cherokee hybrid gets average. Love the dash and console. Standard wheels are different. Exhaust tips are satin black, blend in nicely.
 
Last edited:
Congrats on the new car.

Performance exhaust is now standard equipment.

Please post a picture of the new unit.
Congrats, ordered my new GS HTC a couple of weeks ago. Did a few options including 2LT, center exhaust, graphics & aero pkg, GT2 seats and 2-tone upholstery. Did not do front lift this time around. Found that I seldom used it on my 2022 HTC and by the time you pay lux tax and HST on that option the cost is $5k. Probably won't get delivery till late November/December due to the 3-week plant shut down. My 2022 HTC is now on the Humberview Chev (Toronto) used car lot. Their only used C8. Disappointed in the lack of urgency and poor follow up by the six dealers I contacted. Took 5&6 days to get a written quote from 3 even after follow up visits and emails. Major contrast from dealing with 3 BMW stores when purchasing a daily driver (X5) this time last year.
 
Last edited:
Congrats, ordered my new GS HTC a couple of weeks ago. Did a few options including 2LT, center exhaust, graphics & aero pkg, GT2 seats and 2-tone upholstery. Did not do front lift this time around. Found that I seldom used it on my 2022 HTC and by the time you pay lux tax and HST on that option the cost is $5k. Probably won't get delivery till late November/December due to the 3-week plant shut down. My 2022 HTC is now on the Humberview Chev (Toronto) used car lot. Their only used C8. Disappointed in the lack of urgency and poor follow up by the six dealers I contacted. Took 5&6 days to get a written quote from 3 even after follow up visits and emails. Major contrast from dealing with 3 BMW stores when purchasing a daily driver (X5) this time last year.
Thanks, guys. I first ordered a C8 in January, 2020. 3LT, lift, Z51, mag ride. It finally showed in March, '22. I discovered that white 3LT seats have progressive sized perforations, and there's a layer of black foam directly beneath the leather. That makes them look constantly dirty. For the '23 and '27 I dropped down to 2 LT, uniform size perforations, doesn't look dirty. The '23 was also white seats, '27 in red.
I also dropped the front lift, never really needed it, and saved carrying a heavy hydraulic pump, cylinders and hoses.
I was not impressed by the 1st dealer, (Milton), vague on allotments, delivery, status. On a friend's advice, I went to Cobourg for the next 2. Day and night. OK, pics soon.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top