xviper

Casual User
Dec 20, 2014
ottawa
VetteCoins
Car
2014 C7 Z51
I got my tracking number yesterday,put my deposit down in July after selling my viper,can someone tell me exactly how I go about finding out what code I would be at.

GM customer service can obtain your current event code status, weekdays...good time to call between 1>4pm. Shoot them your order# & request they call National Order Management Service.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have tried that for the past few months and yet to be able to get the code returned. I don't know if this is a recent change since last year but several others have stated same to me; they can only inform you whether your vehicle has been given a production date, and the date if it was.

Having said that, they speak directly with BG every time, but I dont know if that is any different than NOMS. I have never requested that specifically...will try.

I have tried that for the past few months and yet to be able to get the code returned. I don't know if this is a recent change since last year but several others have stated same to me; they can only inform you whether your vehicle has been given a production date, and the date if it was.

Having said that, they speak directly with BG every time, but I dont know if that is any different than NOMS. I have never requested that specifically...will try.

When I chat with GM Chat, they have never been able to give me a code number. They do give me an accurate status however. From my salesman, my C7 is 4B00 or Bayed. When I chatted/texted to GM Chat this afternoon, my status has not changed. Bowling Green is now shutdown for Christmas I believe.

Just off with GM who contacted NOMS in Bowling Green directly; they related that they can only advise that the order has been accepted but no target date has been set yet. I tried in detail to gain the status code and she stated that ahe has been a Rep for some time and the practice of obtaining the status code changed some time ago. She can no longer gain that from NOMS. This as the same as the several other times I have tried exactly the same.

NOMS isn't in BG...it's down the hall from customer service. NOMS releases weekly orders to BG plant scheduling for sequencing. With a GM connection, allocation can appear like magic & also bypass the production queue...people like to do favours.
Note that US dealers are discounting '15 Stingray's by 10%...not to mention available employee pricing. Some also have a wide selection of available Z06's...strong buyers market south of our border.

Back to where we started... GM customer service cannot provide you with a status code, even if you ask them to contact NOMS as I did. I tried to follow the advise above.

With respect to GM contacts, the only way to bump production of any Canadian order is a two step process and your chances of winning a lottery are much better. GM USA cannot do anything whatsoever with your order, or order placement, until the allocation has been validated by GM Canada. GM Canada chooses not to influence production dates by moving their allocations around. GM USA and GM Canada, although falling under the same company, are separate entities entirely. Only after GM Canada has validated an allocation and the status code has changed can GM USA then move production dates, and this is only through exceptional circumstances where the order is then changed to a VIP order. VIP orders in the US are very rare; ask Jay Leno.

If you have found a way around this system Blaine, you are a guy that everyone one with a Cdn order wants to get to know.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.