EricC8

Casual User
Jul 4, 2023
VetteCoins
With the huge price increase, does it do me good to save the $995 on paint colour and go with Torch Red? I ordered the Blue but I’m thinking to go Torch Red with Red Seats. I know it’s a personal choice kind of thing, but I’m curious what you all think about my thinking? Do I spend that money towards performance exhaust? Or is the Blue worth it?

Will repeat the same thing that people told me on here for 2 years while waiting for my turn to order, during which time I changed color multiple times and wound up with a top 3 list until the family could see all 3 side by side at a US dealer. It is your car, and you will have to look at it daily. So depends what YOU want. If you want a Ferarri look alike, go with the red, if you want something that stands out and is more in your face, go with the blue. I can tell you from personal experience that people cannot stop complimenting the blue, just because you just don't see the color too often, with everything blending in together with the usual palette of colors on the road. The red gets attention too no doubt, the blue is just more unique (but you have to like it).

And if that is not enough, well will repeat what a fellow RB owner told me, RB is faster :)

Attachments

• IMG_4710.jpeg
    IMG_4710.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 27
Either colour looks good on the C8; it took me +++++ hours deciding colours for my first C8 to come to the realization that the vehicle shape/lines/accents themselves, look good in almost any of the colours. If price is a factor then I wouldn't miss out on a performance exhaust. For me, it goes with the V8 and adds to the visceral experience with the car. I had it on my 2020 non-Z51 and still enjoy it with my 2023 Z51; you can't beat how it adjusts with the different drive modes. Ideally and if you favour the Rapid Blue, get both that colour and the performance exhaust as well. Whatever happens, you'll enjoy the car...as long as you can put up with the recent shocking/unfair "made in Canada" 2024 pricing.

If you are getting a 1LT then go accelerate yellow with black interior, if 2LT get torch red with red seats, if you are getting 3LT then get rapid blue with 2 tone blue interior.
Lol, love it. But why? Why the yellow… theory? I’m intrigued.

Either colour looks good on the C8; it took me +++++ hours deciding colours for my first C8 to come to the realization that the vehicle shape/lines/accents themselves, look good in almost any of the colours. If price is a factor then I wouldn't miss out on a performance exhaust. For me, it goes with the V8 and adds to the visceral experience with the car. I had it on my 2020 non-Z51 and still enjoy it with my 2023 Z51; you can't beat how it adjusts with the different drive modes. Ideally and if you favour the Rapid Blue, get both that colour and the performance exhaust as well. Whatever happens, you'll enjoy the car...as long as you can put up with the recent shocking/unfair "made in Canada" 2024 pricing.
Haha thank you. The price increase is shocking indeed. An extra 12k that wasn’t going to be spent…

Will repeat the same thing that people told me on here for 2 years while waiting for my turn to order, during which time I changed color multiple times and wound up with a top 3 list until the family could see all 3 side by side at a US dealer. It is your car, and you will have to look at it daily. So depends what YOU want. If you want a Ferarri look alike, go with the red, if you want something that stands out and is more in your face, go with the blue. I can tell you from personal experience that people cannot stop complimenting the blue, just because you just don't see the color too often, with everything blending in together with the usual palette of colors on the road. The red gets attention too no doubt, the blue is just more unique (but you have to like it).

And if that is not enough, well will repeat what a fellow RB owner told me, RB is faster :)
Thanks for the response. Love it. Rapid Blue has my attention. But like you said, it’s going to have to be colour I want most and will enjoy looking at daily. I can’t go wrong with red ever… but the blue is what stood out to me most.

Reactions: Bunny hop and Neils
Or do what I did- didn’t ask my wife whether to get a C8,just asked her what colour she would like… and ELB it is!

With the huge price increase, does it do me good to save the $995 on paint colour and go with Torch Red? I ordered the Blue but I’m thinking to go Torch Red with Red Seats. I know it’s a personal choice kind of thing, but I’m curious what you all think about my thinking? Do I spend that money towards performance exhaust? Or is the Blue worth it?
I ordered Torch Red w/Adrenaline Red, Mulan interior. I also ordered the HTC, w/Z51 Performance, Z51 Suspension w/Mag Ride, and Front Lift, too. And some other minor functional stuff like the ZZ3 Convertible Engine Appearance Package. I preferred to take most of the defaults for appearance, and put the extra $$ into the cool stuff that makes it more functional, fast, nimble, and noisy. Function over form for me. Z06 was not an option for me. Too pricey.

Reactions: Bunny hop
I ordered Torch Red w/Adrenaline Red, Mulan interior. I also ordered the HTC, w/Z51 Performance, Z51 Suspension w/Mag Ride, and Front Lift, too. And some other minor functional stuff like the ZZ3 Convertible Engine Appearance Package. I preferred to take most of the defaults for appearance, and put the extra $$ into the cool stuff that makes it more functional, fast, nimble, and noisy. Function over form for me. Z06 was not an option for me. Too pricey.
Mike, so Park Lane called you with an allocation to move your order through now?

Reactions: MKinOntario
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.