I noticed a mark this year when I had to remove plates to cancel insurance: I will put piece of black tape on back of LP bracket this spring - no problem front.

Its a roll of dense foam tape with one sticky side. Comes in various widths 1/4" to I think 2". Its made for draft sealing but has other uses. I stick it to the perimeter of the plate and then run automotive 2 way tape alongside it... I will be doing something different with the front plate mount on the corvette. I have been lazy lately but its pretty much done, will probably have it the car today but for sure tmrw. Also made the shelf that goes behind the infotainment unit. Came out really nice.

Reactions: ddgermann
Here is a pick of the infotainment shelf. I know they are inexpensive to buy but I like to tinker...... : )

Image 1.jpg

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    860.4 KB · Views: 18
My only concern would be with the front clearance as it mounts below the front lip spoiler.

Yes while looking for a rear plate frame I saw some of these clever front plate kits with actuators to hide the plate and had the same thought. I’m pretty sure it would not clear the ground on my car let alone the splitter. Fortunately I don’t have to worry about having the plate as they only hand you one plate in Alberta. :Biggrin:

Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
My only concern would be with the front clearance as it mounts below the front lip spoiler.
I can count on one hand the number of times I've scuffed the rubber air dam.... This sits up pretty tight to the bumper lip...If I'm running that close to dragging the lip, I got more problems than dragging a license plate..... JMO.... Here's the vid.... Pretty slick if you ask me.... But what do I know... I don't have a front plate.... :Biggrin:

I can count on one hand the number of times I've scuffed the rubber air dam.... This sits up pretty tight to the bumper lip...If I'm running that close to dragging the lip, I got more problems than dragging a license plate..... JMO.... Here's the vid.... Pretty slick if you ask me.... But what do I know... I don't have a front plate.... :Biggrin:

Rruuff Day I agree. Those front motorized plate brackets are pretty cool. But I'm not willing to gamble with the loss in clearance it will create and then compromise my front carbon fibre lip. I plan on lowering my car 1/2 to 3/4" so I think I may be pushing my luck. Tomorrow afternoon I should have some time to mount my front plate. I cut the low profile plate holder leaving aprx 3/8" border around my current plate which should make the finished product look a bit better than just a cut plate affixed to the grille....... we shall see.....

Well for better or worse the cut plate will stay as it is for a bit. It has a 3/8" border all around it and actually looks better in person than in the pic. If I dont lower the car a bit I will prob consider the vanishing motorized plate holder. Wondering if the lip spoiler will get in the way..... will have to do a bit of research. Just put on front and rear mud flaps, very easy to do. All 4 done in abt 35 mins no need to remove tires. The exhaust bezel arrived today and will mount in the next week or so. Weather outlook still calls for mainly rain over the next couple of weeks.... damn...

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 12
Well for better or worse the cut plate will stay as it is for a bit. It has a 3/8" border all around it and actually looks better in person than in the pic. If I dont lower the car a bit I will prob consider the vanishing motorized plate holder. Wondering if the lip spoiler will get in the way..... will have to do a bit of research. Just put on front and rear mud flaps, very easy to do. All 4 done in abt 35 mins no need to remove tires. The exhaust bezel arrived today and will mount in the next week or so. Weather outlook still calls for mainly rain over the next couple of weeks.... damn...

Looks good. The chopped plate sits good on the back plate. :thumbs:

Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.