All the data I've seen shows the PS4S as better than the PSS in almost every measurable sense, so if there's some contradictory testing I'd be curious to see it. The PSS was also discontinued in 2017, which means anything you find is new old stock, will be 2 years old at best, but probably more like 3 years old. Even if it were better than the PS4S, whatever advantage was there will soon be lost from tire age, and quickly swing the other way to become potentially dangerous.

Interestingly the ZP PSS came on all but Z07 2019 cars.

Perhaps we will see the mighty PS4S on the 2020s. 😂

I've done a decent amount of research on the PS4S, and everything I've found (with the exception of two people in this thread), say it's a better tire in pretty much every measurable way than the PSS, except it's not a run-flat. Also as noted, the PSS is dead.

Rruff Day / Ddgermann - Where are you guys getting your information from?

True on the discontinuation of PSS. Have read lots of hands-on testing by R & T and by Farah and some others that compare the tire to competitors (not PSS), and lots of "according to Michelin" stats as well. Better in the wet appears to be a big plus. Better in every measurable sense? I guess we will see.

I've done a decent amount of research on the PS4S, and everything I've found (with the exception of two people in this thread), say it's a better tire in pretty much every measurable way than the PSS, except it's not a run-flat. Also as noted, the PSS is dead.

Yup I’m done.
My opinion is totally uninformed....I’ve felt the performance of the tires to their edge and I like. I’m curious why Spring Mountain isn’t using anything else except on the ZR1s. (SC2)... burning up old stock perhaps till the newer and better is mass produced?
I also stated these tires are what I’m comfortable with and to each his own based on his or her expectations from tires.

So ok you win if that helps, but I’m in no hurry to change my tires out. But at the cost of these tires.... I’m going to be happily waiting till the manufacturer or Racing school changes.

Don’t get the wrong idea here. I’m not taking a dump on you.
Put the tires on your car and provide something and I’m your biggest fan man.

agreed . and for me personally, getting away from run flats is an added bonus over the OEMs

• Agree
Reactions: hemicat
agreed . and for me personally, getting away from run flats is an added bonus over the OEMs
I recently switched my z51 stock to the 4S non run flats and I've now participated in two autocross events and just in terms of what I've experienced in performance they definitely seem to run better. I've never felt better traction so super happy with the change.

Reactions: ddgermann

Similar to Mr. D. My information is uninformed and comes from the way my butt puckers when I'm pulling g's and knowing i can pull more...And my comparing the PSS to various performance tires over the years. And this is much like the information available on any number of sites..my opinion only. Of course Michelin is going to say they are better than the PSS in every way..Business is buisiness after all. That they beat the PSS lap time on sometrack somewhere in some kind of weather by 0.18 seconds... ... C&D, R&T, Smokin tire... they all like the PS4S but I haven't read any solid reports with actual proven facts that convince me they are better than the PSS for warm asphalt driving. If your research results are solid and not just according to Hoyle, please send me the links to read as I will be the first to admit I'm uninformed and wrong. Regardless, and even though I'm enjoying this particular banter, I will be backing away as well. :Biggrin:

Similar to Mr. D. My information is uninformed and comes from the way my butt puckers when I'm pulling g's and knowing i can pull more...And my comparing the PSS to various performance tires over the years. And this is much like the information available on any number of sites..my opinion only. Of course Michelin is going to say they are better than the PSS in every way..Business is buisiness after all. That they beat the PSS lap time on sometrack somewhere in some kind of weather by 0.18 seconds... ... C&D, R&T, Smokin tire... they all like the PS4S but I haven't read any solid reports with actual proven facts that convince me they are better than the PSS for warm asphalt driving. If your research results are solid and not just according to Hoyle, please send me the links to read as I will be the first to admit I'm uninformed and wrong. Regardless, and even though I'm enjoying this particular banter, I will be backing away as well. :Biggrin:

I love the yearly tire debate 😂

• Agree
Reactions: 12cents
At 500 kms I changed to the Michelins Super Sport ZP and at 6000kms now I have no complaints. I have no plans on tracking the car but if I were to decide to in the near future I'll put the stock G.S. tires back on..... the ones my wife said are 'bald'.... lol

I put the 4S's on my Z51 last weekend. I don't have data to say whether the tires were faster or not, but subjectively, they did not have as much grip as the PSS run-flats that came on the car. Also, they scream like crazy under hard cornering - that may go away as the tires get some more km on them though.

Some more research I did since my previous post indicates that the Corvette OEM PSS has better dry grip than the 4S. However, the non-Corvette spec PSS is not as grippy as the 4S. Seems the Corvette spec PSS is quite a bit stickier in the dry than the regular ones.

Also, I believe the C8 Z51 is going to come with a Corvette Spec 4S.

I put the 4S's on my Z51 last weekend. I don't have data to say whether the tires were faster or not, but subjectively, they did not have as much grip as the PSS run-flats that came on the car. Also, they scream like crazy under hard cornering - that may go away as the tires get some more km on them though.

Some more research I did since my previous post indicates that the Corvette OEM PSS has better dry grip than the 4S. However, the non-Corvette spec PSS is not as grippy as the 4S. Seems the Corvette spec PSS is quite a bit stickier in the dry than the regular ones.

Also, I believe the C8 Z51 is going to come with a Corvette Spec 4S.

Very good real life post on the performance compared on your car and experience.

This is a hotly debated topic here and other places.

I pulled the Sport Cup 2s off my car and now stick with the ZP PSS as they are really great on dry and warm roads yet somewhat manageable on a wet road.

I do not criticize anyone who puts a tire on for a more balanced tire performance as it suits their driving pleasure and comfort in various road conditions.

It is interesting that the C8 base is coming out with a smaller more “all season” tire. Really makes me think... does this car put the weight down and actually handle that well?
Soon we will all know.

Good post and again thanks for the real world description of your experience.

Reactions: frankmp and YFCvii
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.