Hi,
You may need to state your driving habit (street, track,... etc and yes even Winter) to get the best of recommendations.
With that, responses will likely be variable regardless of Ray, GS or Z06.

In my case ... when the time comes ... as I want to extend my driving time to as late as possible in the Fall, my choice will be likely
Michelin AS3+ZP (run flat) and if I decide to go non-run flat then I will be open to checking Michelin AS3+ or the Continental.

Should deciding and/or in-the-moment availability be of influence ... then I may just fall back on the identical OEM tire

... this may be the norm for many answers
... summarizing what you actually decide on later in thread of yours would be greatly appreciated

thanks for your speedy reply back SN-III. street driving from april to november. the run flats feel skittish with aggressive driving. and frankly they are pricey
I've heard from two that going from the Factory Installed Runflat Tire to an All-Season version of Runflat might be desirable for checking in to ...
hence the Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ZP if staying with the run flat ... there may be others as well.

I’ve got PS2 ZP,front and rear. Fronts are new last spring. When these are done,I’ll switch to AS3 + or look into what’s available.

thanks for your speedy reply back SN-III. street driving from april to november. the run flats feel skittish with aggressive driving. and frankly they are pricey

Pricey I agree. First time I've heard the skittish about the Michelin PSS or the Cup2 tires though. They will break loose fairly easily on cold pavement, that is true, but if your tires are warmed up and the asphalt is warm as well, they are reknown for about the best agressive traction tires you can get. JMO though and I'm pretty sure you will get a bunch of opinions. lol.... let us know what youend up with and how you like them.

switched from SS's to as3+ after 10km new. THey drive great. OH fyi best pricing was 1- Wheelsco out of Vaughan and 2- PMC in Quebec. Nobody locally could get close in price even with shipping them 4000km. Also note, for Z06's the AS3+ aren't the easiest to get...….. Good luck!!

20190506_141241.jpg20190506_141228.jpg

Last edited:
Also note, for Z06's the AS3+ aren't the easiest to get...….. Good luck!!

Discovered this as well when getting recent competitive quotes ... found good pricing where it was disclosed that they have to come from Michelin direct
as they are not readily stocked in the local supplier lines ... well so I was told.
So word was to find a tire installer who won't complain about the effort that is required for getting them direct.

switched from SS's to as3+ after 10km new. THey drive great. OH fyi best pricing was 1- Wheelsco out of Vaughan and 2- PMC in Quebec. Nobody locally could get close in price even with shipping them 4000km. Also note, for Z06's the AS3+ aren't the easiest to get...….. Good luck!!

View attachment 27974View attachment 27975
thanks frankmp, i will check out wheelsco in vaughan

View attachment 27974View attachment 27975
that is the tire I went with on my 2016 base
have them on chrome Z06 replica rims,
WILL BE SELLING THEM WITH VERY LITTLE WEAR AS I AM TRYING TO BUY A 2017 z06 NEW

When I went away from run flats with my C6 I went to Firestone Firehawk Indy 500’s and was very impressed with them. I had about 8000kms on them when I sold but they still looked new! The set of 4 were under a grand so that part was good also. Just thought I would share. Not sure yet where I will go once my OEM’s on my C7 start to show signs...so far so good for the first 10,000 Kim’s.

When I went away from run flats with my C6 I went to Firestone Firehawk Indy 500’s and was very impressed with them. I had about 8000kms on them when I sold but they still looked new! The set of 4 were under a grand so that part was good also. Just thought I would share. Not sure yet where I will go once my OEM’s on my C7 start to show signs...so far so good for the first 10,000 Kim’s.

Paul M had a set I,think and they looked good and he liked them as I recall

If you want the performance the car has to offer then the Pilot Super Sport tires that came on your car is what you should be running. Properly warmed up they will give you the absolute best traction and cornering ability compared to these others tires. Only bested by the Sport Cup 2s that comes on the Z07 cars. Granted you have to pay a bit of attention when the tires are cold or it’s wet out.
If you just want to drive around then there is an abundance of choices as you read here.
You have an indication of your tire temperature and I suggest you pay attention to it regardless of what performance tire you choose. I think most of these will be a bit sketchy when cold.

My car came with the SC2s and will run with the ZP Michelin Super Sports. Found out why these tires are speced onto the car at Spring Mountain as I enjoyed the tires immensely.
Good luck with your choice.

Why not get the Pilot Sport 4S (PS4S) instead of the Pilot Super Sport (PSS)? It's the replacement and probably a better tire in almost every measurable sense.

The actual testing I’ve seen is not conclusive of that all. If it were a better performance tire it would be on the car. No doubt it’s better for daily cruising as an all around tire with more water channel capability and wears better, but not as good for traction and cornering. So maybe a good mix for many that’s just fine; fill your boots. For me I want the highest practical performance tire on my car. And that is the ZP Pilot Super Sport tire. The SC2s that came on my car are even better but just a bit too track limited for me and have a really short lifespan.
I prefer my car to be hooked up and not spinning all the time.. thus my choice. When the PS4S come from the factory on a new corvette then I will seriously consider them.
Oh how we love the tire debate here 😂

Seriously though there are some great choices for each person and what they expect from the tires and performance. Pretty sure there is no right and wrong... as long as the tire is delivering what the owner expected....well maybe but we aren’t talking about garbage tires here.
👍

Why not get the Pilot Sport 4S (PS4S) instead of the Pilot Super Sport (PSS)? The PS4S is the replacement for the PSS, PS2, and probably a better tire in almost every measurable sense. Then you also don't have to worry about getting "new old stock."
thats exactly where im leaning towards.....in non run flat variety. getting quotes this week.....thanks for the tip

Why not get the Pilot Sport 4S (PS4S) instead of the Pilot Super Sport (PSS)? The PS4S is the replacement for the PSS, PS2, and probably a better tire in almost every measurable sense. Then you also don't have to worry about getting "new old stock."

The actual testing I’ve seen is not conclusive of that all. If it were a better performance tire it would be on the car. No doubt it’s better for daily cruising as an all around tire with more water channel capability and wears better, but not as good for traction and cornering. So maybe a good mix for many that’s just fine; fill your boots. For me I want the highest practical performance tire on my car. And that is the ZP Pilot Super Sport tire. The SC2s that came on my car are even better but just a bit too track limited for me and have a really short lifespan.
I prefer my car to be hooked up and not spinning all the time.. thus my choice. When the PS4S come from the factory on a new corvette then I will seriously consider them.
Oh how we love the tire debate here 😂

Seriously though there are some great choices for each person and what they expect from the tires and performance. Pretty sure there is no right and wrong... as long as the tire is delivering what the owner expected....well maybe but we aren’t talking about garbage tires here.
👍

I agree with D. I am not a track guy but I do enjoy spirited driving and twisted roads. When the opportunity arises and I can push her up in the g-force limits, I want the PSS tires under me (and my wife at home...lol). I'm not a burnout junkie so have learned to shut the nannies off and feather the go pedal accordingly for ultimate straight line traction. So far the reviews on the PS4S are only conclusive to it being a better tire than the old discontinued PS2. Not better than the PSS other than possibly inclimate weather driving. The non run flat in the PS4S and PSS are almost exactly the same price so no difference there. If you just want a cheaper tire, the AS/3+ will save you over 500 a set from thePS4S and the PSS, and even more from the PSS ZP, but although they are still a good tire, they are not comparable to the PSS for summer traction if that's what you are looking for. jmo

All the data I've seen shows the PS4S as better than the PSS in almost every measurable sense, so if there's some contradictory testing I'd be curious to see it. The PSS was also discontinued in 2017, which means anything you find is new old stock, will be 2 years old at best, but probably more like 3 years old. Even if it were better than the PS4S, whatever advantage was there will soon be lost from tire age, and quickly swing the other way to become potentially dangerous.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.