Apr 30, 2012
Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2005 C6 1SB
I just picked up another set of tires with polished rims and the Tire Pressure Monitor valve stems. What is involved in setting up this new system. I understand that I may have to go to a dealer to get it done. I've also heard that there might be some place on the internet that can get the codes. I'm pretty computer illiterate.

You need a tool to reset them when you change wheels. Now there is different sensors I guess. One type are for 2005 to 2009 cars and 2010 and up have different sensors.

Now, I have never done this myself ( I don't run sensors on my race rims ) so don't know the steps but you could maybe ask a tire shop to do it.

I think tirerack.com had the steps online with the tool ( they sell it )

If your going back and forth you might want to get one.

Brian

Something For Free!!!!

I was talking to a local service manager and if it is just a matter of going around to each wheel and resetting things (I'm no computer whiz) it would be no charge and take but a couple of minutes. If it got more involved, perhaps $30. I will be switching the wheels and tires over this weekend and take the car in next week. I'll report back on what transpires.

Last edited:
2006 Wheels and Tires

I installed the 2006 wheels and tires today on our 2005 this morning. No error codes and the tire pressures on all four wheels are reading fine on the DIC :driving:. Is this a fluke or what.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.