Keith Tedford
Apr 30, 2012
Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2005 C6 1SB
I just picked up another set of tires with polished rims and the Tire Pressure Monitor valve stems. What is involved in setting up this new system. I understand that I may have to go to a dealer to get it done. I've also heard that there might be some place on the internet that can get the codes. I'm pretty computer illiterate.

You need a tool to reset them when you change wheels. Now there is different sensors I guess. One type are for 2005 to 2009 cars and 2010 and up have different sensors.

Now, I have never done this myself ( I don't run sensors on my race rims ) so don't know the steps but you could maybe ask a tire shop to do it.

I think tirerack.com had the steps online with the tool ( they sell it )

If your going back and forth you might want to get one.

Brian

There is the ATEQ VT5 or the VT15. The VT15 is a little more expensive. What is the difference if any? Thanks for the info.

Sorry, don't know that answer.

Call Tirerack, they are great to deal with and should be able to answer your question.

Brian

Something For Free!!!!

I was talking to a local service manager and if it is just a matter of going around to each wheel and resetting things (I'm no computer whiz) it would be no charge and take but a couple of minutes. If it got more involved, perhaps $30. I will be switching the wheels and tires over this weekend and take the car in next week. I'll report back on what transpires.

Last edited:
I have the tool , come see me and I will do it for free :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.