not2melo

High RPM Poster
Feb 8, 2009
Greg in Toronto/Gtown
VetteCoins
Car
1999 C5 Z51
Has anyone here used this version of tire plugger kit yet?
I do not have the run flats on the car anymore and figured this summer
should keep a kit in the car for those long drives that are out of CAA's
reach. This unit does not look that expensive and comes in at a very
cheap price. Nothing like a little added protection.

What do you use if anything?
I already have a tin of tire foam and air compressor.

Pocket Tire Plugger - For All Tubeless Tires, Price $31.95
This revolutionary new device easily installs mushroom shaped rubber plugs into all tubeless tires while
staying on the wheel. The Plugging device 'drives' the plug into the hole with a turning of the hex wrench.
The plug expands under pressure to fill the punctured area.
A firm pull on the stem with your pliers seats the mushroom head on the inner wall allowing no air to escape.
This technology insures maximum reliability while reducing your downtime in any situation.

1000-08.jpg

Looks like a good kit. I think this year I am going to invest in a small compressor and rely on that and the tire goo. This kit looks better than a few I have seen. Knock on wood, I haven't had to fix a flat on the fly yet so I can't tell you about my experience with any repair kits in general.

Looks like a good kit. I think this year I am going to invest in a small compressor and rely on that and the tire goo. This kit looks better than a few I have seen. Knock on wood, I haven't had to fix a flat on the fly yet so I can't tell you about my experience with any repair kits in general.

I have the same kit, and have actually used it to fix a few flats in the shop. I have a small compressor and the kit in the back of the vette, just in case.

[email protected]

Hey Manny, so that was the kit you have?
I searched around for a bit and that system looks the best and easiest to use, no glues.

Also found a neat little video on it here, what a great idea.
Seems to be some small air cylinders like in a pellet gun to inflate the tires, think that would
only work on a motorcycle, not enough air for a car tire?

YouTube - Stop N Go Pocket Tire Plugger Demonstration

Yes Pierre I am sure the glue version would work great also.
I just wanted something that was not too messy if I was stuck on a backroad or something.

Now that is what I do not have a C5 jack, hum what does that look like?
I will have to check into that one a bit.
The only one I have is my low profile garage pump jack.

Yes Pierre I am sure the glue version would work great also.
I just wanted something that was not too messy if I was stuck on a backroad or something.

Now that is what I do not have a C5 jack, hum what does that look like?
I will have to check into that one a bit.
The only one I have is my low profile garage pump jack.

Greg, my only concern is that those "mushrooms" appear to hold by internal pressure. I'm not saying that they arre bad, I'm just a bit skeptic.

The C5 jack is out of a Z06 is it not?

The jack is out of a Z06 C5. Very low profile and scissor mode with only one side doing the lift. The unot weighs about 6kg's but I think it a good idea to have since I also decided not to replace my tyres with run-flats. I love my Nitto Invo's.

Yes I get what you saying, if they added a bit of glue to it before inserting then it would help for sure.
In reading a bit more they state its only for a temporary measure and you should have the tire patched properly afterwards?

I have to check around on that Z jack, maybe fleebay has one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread