That’s why I’m going to Spring Mountain =) And you’re right, the cheapest I’ve seen for two is $1500 plus tax.

As I said previously the Spring Mountain school uses PSS not SC2s. I was in a Z07 car there and it had PSS tires on it. They will tell you warmed up the PSS are very close in performance. Close enough for us in the school at least. When you go you will experience a couple of laps in the car you are training in with an instructor driving. He will have all the nannies turned off. All I can say is hang the hell on. What a ride. The PSS do just fine.

Just for interest. I met a new Z06/Z07 guy in my dealership needing new tires last summer. He bought the car and left Alberta for Quebec... and back. Tires were done. So not track time but highway driving. He was not pissed off or anything... Looked at my car sitting beside his and saw the 7000 km PSS on my Z06 Z07 car and asked for PSS to be put on. Hey, maybe the Pirrelis or others are great too. I frankly do not have the experience to compare.

No that’s street use lol. The compound is extremely soft. That’s where you’re getting your grip from but it costs you. Also as stated bad in the rain due to no real tread pattern/depth, traction is bad to dangerous depending who you talk to.
Worse than "bad" in the rain.....you're not just "asking for it" you're "begging for it" 😂🤣😂

Tirerack
Discount Tire Direct
Quattro Tire
1010 Tires
Talon Tire
4 Tires
+ local places (Kal Tire, Canadian Tire, Dealership, Costco, etc.)

The price difference in tires from one place to another can be huge. Last set I bought, I printed off the best Canadian online price (incl shipping) I could find, brought it to my local Canadian Tire and they price matched it. Last two sets of tires I've had mounted (1 at CT, 1 at Ford Dealership) have both resulted in scratched wheels - it's crazy that something done so often is always screwed up - finding a place (or person) you trust to do it can be difficult.

Last two sets of tires I've had mounted (1 at CT, 1 at Ford Dealership) have both resulted in scratched wheels - it's crazy that something done so often is always screwed up - finding a place (or person) you trust to do it can be difficult.
I would lose my head if that happened! Did they try to make it right with you at least?

The Ford dealership has done some favours for me in the past so I didn't even raise the issue with them (although that situation was particularly frustrating since I had the service manager look at the wheel beforehand with me to verify that it had no existing scratches). I have no complaints about how CT handled the situation, and I still say hi to the manager when I see him. :)

Reactions: Musabi13
The Ford dealership has done some favours for me in the past so I didn't even raise the issue with them (although that situation was particularly frustrating since I had the service manager look at the wheel beforehand with me to verify that it had no existing scratches). I have no complaints about how CT handled the situation, and I still say hi to the manager when I see him. :)
Glad to hear they handled it well! I would still have been pissed as hell though haha

• Agree
Reactions: G-ForceJunkie
You can buy the tires cheaper at lots of places, but that doesn't mean that they can install them.

If your question is, "Can you mount a 335/30-20 tire on an 11 inch wide aluminum wheel?" and the answer is anything close to "Sure!", and involves any sort of shrug or strange facial expression - then that is NOT the place to have your tires installed.

Check out Simply tire . They’ve always had the best price for tires at least from my experience.

As for mounting the tires, are you guys saying to stick to the dealership? I have a set of new forged wheels and I was thinking of getting the dealer to do the switch for me when they do the PDI.

Reactions: Jeremiad
Check out Simply tire . They’ve always had the best price for tires at least from my experience.

As for mounting the tires, are you guys saying to stick to the dealership? I have a set of new forged wheels and I was thinking of getting the dealer to do the switch for me when they do the PDI.

I only say stick to the dealer as they have the right machines and trained guys to lift the car, handle the tire install onto the wheels and understand to protect my ceramic rotors.

There are plenty of good tire or speed shops that also have this but I do not know any is all.
If something goes wrong I know my dealer will stand up for it. Not all are like that as you read. By no means am I suggesting all dealerships have the right boxes checked to work on Corvettes.

One of the good things about this forum is wherever you are located somebody has a lead on a good place for this kind of work or any other for that matter.

Yes, that sounds good! When somebody talks about having mounted tires on Lamborghini, Ferrari, and Porsche, you are on the right track. Make sure they know what they are doing and have experience.

Reactions: ddgermann
Quattro Tires! Just ordered a set of PSS run flats. They had a 5% rebate which netted to a $126 discount and free shipping.
Michelin just sent a $70 mail in, so hoping I'll be able to get that on top but I'm not so sure. Anyhow, install to be done in the next few weeks, and debating whether to move to a more friendly street alignment or leave as is??

Michelin has a $70 rebate available at the moment. I was able to combine that with a $126 discount at Quattro Tire to score a new set of PSS. They will be going on next week, and near brand new pair of SC2's will be for sale :)

Michelin has a $70 rebate available at the moment. I was able to combine that with a $126 discount at Quattro Tire to score a new set of PSS. They will be going on next week, and near brand new pair of SC2's will be for sale :)

curious what did you end up paying for the Pilot SS's to see if Im pricing my NEW ones right? THX. I want to go to AS3+ ZP's. Funny checked three dealers including selling dealer at northgate and they cant get them. Best I found was Wheelsco out of all places Vaughan... 4000km away including shipping and PMC tire next about 4400km away...... lol. Kaltire tires don't even sell them. Oh shout out..... NEW Pilot SS's with 20km available!!! Im going to call Quattro in the morning and see how close they are to these other two.

ps- I started installing my Powerstop ceramic pads today..... wow is it ever easy. But looking at the tires it picks up small rocks and embeds like a fly on sticky paper.... and deep!

20190411_133954.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.