On 2017 GS, I replaced my first set of rears at 26000 km, fronts at 38000 km. Currently at 50000 km and rears are still okay. I did have the "street" alignment done when I installed the new front tires. All the miles come from driving to Arizona and back each year except for this past winter.

I also have a spare set of rear take offs with 200km on them so I'll be good for tires for a while.

Last edited:
Well, I "finally" pulled the trigger today and got a full set of new Michelin AS3+ ZP tires installed, taking off the PSS tires that came on it. Wow, impressive difference in ride (much smoother over small asphalt imperfections), thrown road debris hitting the rocker panels (I didn't hear a single "ping!" while driving about 60 Km today on the way home from Toronto) and the big difference was interior sound levels - I no longer have to crank up the radio volume to hear even the tiniest bit from the speakers, the radio actually started to sound decent. At least a 25%, maybe 30%, reduction in interior sound levels at highway speeds (110 to 120 KPH).

Wish I'd done it a lot sooner. I was at first leaning towards the AS4's, but my buddy wasn't overly impressed with them for the handling, where at least on public road driving so far I am having trouble feeling the difference with the AS3+'s.

Good deal, too. With the Gouge and Screw Tax/HST, and the tire recycle charge, worked out to a lot less than $1,800, plus I've just filed for the $100 rebate cheque from Michelin.

My only regret is "wasting" all the remaining treadwear potential on the original PSS tires, at 23,000 Klicks, they were still less than 1/2 worn. But still worth it.

LLC
Sounds like you got a great deal on your tires.
what shop did you buy/have them installed at?

At what KM do most owners have to replace them on a grand sport or Z06?, and I understand it can vary by user.

wondering the number for others here.
First set of Fronts were down past the belts at 19,200 kms . The rears have been on since new . I have 49,400 on the rears so they will do this summer . When i replaced the fronts i went with 1 size wider and none run flats . Also had the front " re aligned " as factory settings were very aggressive hence the 19,000 kms worn out fronts . The new fronts have 30,000 kms on them now and still look fine .

Late Life Crisis brings up some great points. I also have a 2019 Z-51 and the disappointment to me is the road noise and the narrow operating temperature range of the factory tires. Also, they are not good in wet weather.
Take a peak at a past post about this very subject from Rick Conti the Vette salesman out of the States. Good You Tube topic about this very issue.
Some of us remember the complaints about the Goodyear runflats on the C6. They were not a great tire. I put the Michelin AS3 on and what a difference. Quiet and smooth with great performance!
For the 2-3% of us who may track the car on occasion. The AS 3 still works great. I don't think you have to worry about 1 to 2 seconds slower being at Mosport or the like. You'll still have some great fun for sure.
And if lap times are a concern. Stay with the factory tire. Each to his own to enjoy.
My 2 cents.

Also have a 19 z51. The PSS struggle with traction as it is (car can break loose going in to 2nd and 3rd) so can't imagine going with a less sticky tire like the as3. Will prob stick with high po tires but maybe ditch the run flats

I replaced the OEM PSS (not bad that I got 30k out of them) with a set of AS4s. I've been looking to replace the tires since February; would have preferred the PS4s or PSSs but stock is very low and I needed to replace the dangerously worn out OEMs. I can tell you that the grip off the line is really good, cornering in spirited driving is good as well but I don't feel the sharp steering response as I did with OEM. I hope that improves with some wear. But if it doesn't, I look forward to a longer and safer driving season as the tradeoff. That said, these are the same tires standard on the C8s base model? Happy cruising!

Reactions: Dik
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.