Damn and whew for the C7 285 Ray Owners though ... it appears to be primarily the 335's
... but who knows ... sure feels like the annual Blizzak shortages for our daily drivers.
I already see so few options for available rubber for my C7 Ray - still waiting to see AS4s
but so far no fortune

Last edited:
I've bought tires in the past from a company called Quattro Tires from Quebec. Free shipping. But I just called them and they won't have stock till mid-March. They're an excellent source for tires, and cheap as well.

• Agree
Reactions: vintageracer
You may try PMC Tire.

1614263781624.png

Here's a quote that I just received this morning regarding tires for a C7 corvette Z06. The rears are located in Winnipeg and will take up to a week to ship them here (Toronto). The fronts are sourced locally
Dave

Attachments

• 779776BF-A929-43B8-931B-8C39D419BD60.png
    779776BF-A929-43B8-931B-8C39D419BD60.png
    127 KB · Views: 76
Just a quick note. The above mentioned tires are from PMC tires. Very nice and helpful people. They are located in Quebec. When I tried to buy them from Quatro tires they told me that the tires are out for 1-2 months.
Dave

Ordered my tires back in February and was updated yesterday that Michelin pushed delivery to end of May now. Issue seems to be there is a shortage of shipping containers globally...

Phoned around yesterday, no Continental or Goodyear's available either...

• Wow
Reactions: Kev
Ordered my tires back in February and was updated yesterday that Michelin pushed delivery to end of May now. Issue seems to be there is a shortage of shipping containers globally...

Phoned around yesterday, no Continental or Goodyear's available either...
I hope we don't get flat tires until then....

I called Michelin third week of March, I was told they didn't have production date yet for the size I need ( size for C6 ZR!, C7 GS ans Z06), I should call them back end of April for update. I did place my order to get them asap. My tire s are still good for one season so if no production, I am still ok

Well, I "finally" pulled the trigger today and got a full set of new Michelin AS3+ ZP tires installed, taking off the PSS tires that came on it. Wow, impressive difference in ride (much smoother over small asphalt imperfections), thrown road debris hitting the rocker panels (I didn't hear a single "ping!" while driving about 60 Km today on the way home from Toronto) and the big difference was interior sound levels - I no longer have to crank up the radio volume to hear even the tiniest bit from the speakers, the radio actually started to sound decent. At least a 25%, maybe 30%, reduction in interior sound levels at highway speeds (110 to 120 KPH).

Wish I'd done it a lot sooner. I was at first leaning towards the AS4's, but my buddy wasn't overly impressed with them for the handling, where at least on public road driving so far I am having trouble feeling the difference with the AS3+'s.

Good deal, too. With the Gouge and Screw Tax/HST, and the tire recycle charge, worked out to a lot less than $1,800, plus I've just filed for the $100 rebate cheque from Michelin.

My only regret is "wasting" all the remaining treadwear potential on the original PSS tires, at 23,000 Klicks, they were still less than 1/2 worn. But still worth it.

LLC

I do not get the infatuation with all season tires for a sports car. Why would you decrease the performance on one of the most important aspects on a sports car?? Is a vette supposed to be quiet and comfy riding? I just don't get this at all

I do not get the infatuation with all season tires for a sports car. Why would you decrease the performance on one of the most important aspects on a sports car?? Is a vette supposed to be quiet and comfy riding? I just don't get this at all
How about because some of us long distance cruise our cars. Sometimes snow, lots of rain, cold temperatures. Why would you not drive your car when it’s minus 15. Is a Vette supposed to be a 2 month dry weather car? I just don't get this at all.

I will drive it when it's -15. And it will have snow tires on it. All seasons are crap at that temp, just as they are crap at +30. I drive proper performance tires for the seasons rather than compromised tires that aren't great at any time. Well maybe for the 2 weeks in the spring and fall when its 7....

I will drive it when it's -15. And it will have snow tires on it. All seasons are crap at that temp, just as they are crap at +30. I drive proper performance tires for the seasons rather than compromised tires that aren't great at any time. Well maybe for the 2 weeks in the spring and fall when its 7....
Vern, I respect your viewpoint......"to each his own" sort of thing.

Been there/done that. Speaking only for myself, I'm going to enjoy going for a drive with my wife in the later portions of the fall or earlier in the spring, when the stock PSS tires felt like they were coated in chassis grease. I've done the track thing (although on motorcycles in the '70's at Mosport). Stoplight drag racing no longer appeals to me. I very much enjoy a more refined car which can, given the opportunity, hang a little on the edge. I know that my 'Vette will be more than a match to probably 95% of the other cars on the road, and I don't need to prove it to them or myself - and if a hotter car comes along, I give him the "thumbs up" (and if it's another Corvette, a WAVE as well). I much prefer, on a personal basis only, a drive through gorgeous scenery on a twisty back road with not many "Gendarmes" waiting to collect a speeding tax.

I applaud, very seriously, your right to enjoy your car your way. I've been where you are.

Rock on, my friend!

Late Life Crisis

Reactions: Rruuff Day and Dik
LLC, I get it, if it works for you rock on as you say! I also enjoy early spring and late fall drives I just switch to my winters at the appropriate time. Doesn't sound like you drive yours in the actual winter though (does anyone here?)

I frequent another car forum where you would get banned for life just for the mention of putting all seasons on your car cause it makes it more comfy and more quiet 😉😅

Cheers!

How about because some of us long distance cruise our cars. Sometimes snow, lots of rain, cold temperatures. Why would you not drive your car when it’s minus 15. Is a Vette supposed to be a 2 month dry weather car? I just don't get this at all.
Keep in mind Al that Albertans still have the top down and are wearing shorts at -15... :Biggrin:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.