I am currently running the NITTO Invo on my '11 GS..... love them.
I had those on my car when I bought it. I did one drive to Abbotsford with them and they seemed ok. I had it set in my head though that I was getting some pilot PS2s so went ahead and did that. I can’t recall how they felt anymore.

Still searching for a set of tires in a 19/20 combo. Wanting to try something different than the michelins. What has everyone else ran? Pushing about 580rwhp so want something to somewhat hook
Thanks!

Still searching for a set of tires in a 19/20 combo. Wanting to try something different than the michelins. What has everyone else ran? Pushing about 580rwhp so want something to somewhat hook
Thanks!

There are plenty of old threads on this and one or 2 fresh one going all the time. Pretty sure reading through will give you lots of insight on choices based on runflat vs non runflat, road noise, track life vs street, traction and of course price. One thing in your favour is size. Better selection in these sizes it appears.

I probably have similar RWHP and am very happy with the performance of the Michelin PS2 XP tires. A bit noisy but nothing unexpected or unmanageable. Since I ran the Z06 at Spring Mountain I learned just what the level of performance is with these exact tires. It’s WOW performance. And the SC2s currently sitting new in the garage are even better so wow and wow.
So when you reference you RWHP it suggests you are looking for better performance. What exactly is your thinking to move away from the tires?
My car came from the factory set up with the Michelin’s so I want to stick with them for that and the performance reasons. They would be an upgrade from the 2008 factory tires I would expect. No idea what Chevy put on the 08Zs.
So let us know what you want to improve Mitch and likely there is someone running a C6 who has the tire for you man. @MikeysZ06 just put new tires on his C6 Z so likely he my have some insight.

Thank you. I'm correct running 305 sport cup 2's. Going a different rim size as the current ones don't really fit my car well. And as you can see are quite narrow for a z06. Don't care for runflats at all. Basically looking for a tire that's good for a daily, but will hook for me. I'm not too picky at all on ride noise or quality at all either.

Reactions: ddgermann
Yes for sure Mitch the SC2’s are not a tire you want to get caught in the rain with and are sketchy cold. Agreed they not an all around touring / playing tire.
As far as sizes go my 13Z came from the factory with P285/30ZR19 fronts and P335/25ZR20 rears. Same as my 15 and now 17Z. So you should have no problem putting them on your Z as the body should be basically the same. New wheels as you say and you’re good to go. Agreed those tires are too small for a Z.

Reactions: Mitch10
My new fronts. Took one day shy of a month for these to arrive from Hamilton
22667C39-5DAC-4F26-AC3D-F5B908B6E549.jpeg
83A6C95F-7DE5-4487-84AB-64D999F907D8.jpeg
B0ED7EF6-D4E4-4E31-86E1-CE2AFE6CEC64.jpeg

The Nitto Invo is a great value. Their price point is excellent, and I have been running a full set for more than five years. That is impressive. As mentioned in another thread, I find that the rears need to be warmed up (with a good burnout or two) before they really stick, but I've been pretty happy with them. They are predictable and consistent. No worries in the rain, good cornering adhesion, and they are quiet - note that my Corsa Extreme exhaust may be inclined to outdo any road noise from the tires anyway, but even at low rpm cruising speed I don't hear anything from the tires.

Although I plan to replace them next year with Sport Cup 2's, I would have no problem with buying another set of Nittos if the Michelins disappoint me. Michelin makes great tires - but in my experience they don't seem to last very well. I didn't get 10k out of my Pilot Power on my bike, and got just over that on the first Pilot Sport. I don't particularly like replacing tires every season or even every second season.

NITTO INVOs are not made in the front size I want to fit a C5-Z06 setup.
I’m looking for 265/40R17 or 275/40R17..
Like most manufacturers these days they do not make a lot of 17” tires anymore.
This is the problem I have with Michelin’s as well.

Thanx
Graham

Yes Graham, getting 17's is tough these days, although I don't really know why. Lots of cars came with 17 inch wheels from the factory, but I suppose a lot of them were narrower. It really looks like you are going to need to go with a 275, but I do see a few options. You can get the Nitto 555 G2 in a 275/40ZR-17, or a cheaper alternative is the Cooper RS3-S or RS3-GI. There are still many expensive options too, but I'm assuming you are looking for some cost effectiveness and therein lies the problem.

17” tires are popular for smaller vehicles...
The widest “17 tires tend to be 255s.... which is fine for a smaller sporty car.

I currently run MICHELIN PS2s and that is what I would like to get.
Front: 265/40R17 are the stock C5-Z06 tire, but MICHELIN no longer makes this tire.
Front: 275/40R17 are still listed in their catalog but they have no stock.
I’m hoping to possible find a dealer that has some in their local warehouse.
Rear: 295/35R18 are still listed in their catalog and a couple of pair are available in a Michelin warehouse back East.

I have not explored other brands lately as I wanted MICHELINS.
I need rear tires soon.... fronts can wait. But I’m prepared to buy all four now if I find them.
I do not want to buy the rears now if the fronts are not going to be available in the future.
Graham

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
Here are my old front PS2s. The passenger side tire was wearing more than the drivers side. Overall though,not as bad as I thought they would look. The first 2 pics are the passenger side tire. 3rd one is the drivers side.

I was also able to get them to dial in the alignment specs from the sheet that @RockyPM and @jeffer2013 provided. What a difference in “feel” through the steering wheel !! Thanks guys. I appreciate that gesture.

3C4C64D9-B14A-444E-8B43-F69742185A81.jpeg
BB67802D-F433-4514-9A76-058752069F03.jpeg
380A4F0F-C697-4660-A9AE-F7E90C65A244.jpeg

Last edited:
Is it just my eye Mike or is there some hop wear on the inside in the DS photo?
Nothing like new tires and an alligned front end. Feels like new I bet. :thumbs:
Yup. Some hop wear is evident. I’m going to bring them back in after the cold lake trip and have them look at them. I’m hoping I don’t need front shocks. I’ve spent enough $$$ this spring. I want to enjoy what little of a driving season I’m going to have this year.

• Agree
Reactions: YFCvii
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.