Brian, That's brilliant. You sure are a talented guy when it comes to whittling wood. Have you ever thought of doing this as a money maker or is it just a hobby? I also see there's some lathe work in there too. What machines do you have?
Rob

Thanks Rob for your kind words, it is appreciated.

This project and most of any project I do now is lathe work. I really do like working on the lathe. I do have a number of machines.

An old General table saw that was my Dads.
A general band saw
Rockwell jointer
a Planer (cheap one)
A couple of Delta sanders Belt and disk.
A delta scroll saw
Busy Bee Drill press
And of course my General 25 -650 lathe.

At one time I had a radial arm saw that I inherited from my Dad. The history of this machine is cool. My Dad got it from Wayne's (ford prefect) Dad. Small world isn't it.

As others have said .That is very creative ,well done and just down right beautiful piece of work .If I we're a little fella again Ida spent may hours polishing it with the seat of my pants .

Very nice.

Brian, you've selected a lot of great machines for your shop. General, Delta and Rockwell are my choice of machines too, only mine are for machining metal. When I'm looking for something new for the shop, I always look for older pieces as they're way better made than the new stuff. Did your Dad's work together or did you live in the same neighbourhood?

Great job Brian ! A nicely done and interesting piece.

I also have a garage full of woodworking and metalworking equipment ... that's why I'm having trouble finding enough room for my "latest acquisition"..:)

A lot of us have so much in common .... I also have a Grand Son that "can do no wrong ! " :D
He'll be seeing the car for the first time on Christmas day... he's gonna blow a gasket !

Great job Brian ! A nicely done and interesting piece.

I also have a garage full of woodworking and metalworking equipment ... that's why I'm having trouble finding enough room for my "latest acquisition"..:)

A lot of us have so much in common .... I also have a Grand Son that "can do no wrong ! " :D
He'll be seeing the car for the first time on Christmas day... he's gonna blow a gasket !

Better him blowing a gasket than you ever blowing a fuse. lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.