30 years ago I got advice from a Peel region officer friend of mine on how to interact when stopped. He told me that they are lied to and told silly stories all day long, or people argue everything. He told me the best strategy is to just be polite, upfront, open and truthful. I have used that strategy successfully for many, many years. I was once clocked doing a ridiculous 197KPH, but after a polite conversation I was written up for 124KPH. Usually when I tell an officer that I don’t mind the ticket for the front plate, they just give me a verbal warning and let me go.
I'm always polite as well. Unless the cop starts with a ridiculous statement or is already going to give me a ticket.
Like "Where's the fire".
I once was walking home and a cop told me to sit in the car and he asked where I was going. I said I was going home to the wife. He got really ignorant and made lude suggestions! Some cops are just bad and you'll never win.
When they ask dumb questions just looking for a response they can use in court, that's when I usually just say "Pardon?" and they repeat it, I again just say "Pardon?" AND THAT I can turn against them in court.
Perhaps the cops in Thunder Bay are nicer, but there are too many arrogant cops in southern Ontario.

30 years ago I got advice from a Peel region officer friend of mine on how to interact when stopped. He told me that they are lied to and told silly stories all day long, or people argue everything. He told me the best strategy is to just be polite, upfront, open and truthful. I have used that strategy successfully for many, many years. I was once clocked doing a ridiculous 197KPH, but after a polite conversation I was written up for 124KPH. Usually when I tell an officer that I don’t mind the ticket for the front plate, they just give me a verbal warning and let me go.
Right on. I played golf with a friend who's father was an RCMP officer in Squamish: told me the same thing. I was driving along the upper levels hwy. in my Shelby doing 160km and passed a police car - oops - they (West Van.) had changed cruiser color from blue to black. I automatically pulled over as soon as possible: gorgeous female officer came to me and the first thing she said was: what a beautiful car. I thanked her and we had a short conversation about my car and the mods I had done to make it drive much better. Gave me a ticket for 10 over.

I have a 2023 C8. It came without the front license plate frame. I called around and dealers didn't have it in stock. I had to place an order and it came in after a week. This is the part number.

License Frame.
Part Number: 84793981

I would prefer not to have it, but the added stress is not worth it for me.

I have a 2023 C8. It came without the front license plate frame. I called around and dealers didn't have it in stock. I had to place an order and it came in after a week. This is the part number.

License Frame.

You don't need it! You can bend the plate like many or create your own bracket like I did.
But, of course, if you don't care about the paint then fine. Your car, not mine.

• Haha
Reactions: Rruuff Day
I'm always polite as well. Unless the cop starts with a ridiculous statement or is already going to give me a ticket.
Like "Where's the fire".
I once was walking home and a cop told me to sit in the car and he asked where I was going. I said I was going home to the wife. He got really ignorant and made lude suggestions! Some cops are just bad and you'll never win.
When they ask dumb questions just looking for a response they can use in court, that's when I usually just say "Pardon?" and they repeat it, I again just say "Pardon?" AND THAT I can turn against them in court.
Perhaps the cops in Thunder Bay are nicer, but there are too many arrogant cops in southern Ontario.
Wow! That really sucks. I have not had any interaction like that.

Wow! That really sucks. I have not had any interaction like that.
I've had many. When I rolled the car because of black ice the cop gave me a careless driving ticket.
I said really with black ice?? (Nobody is charged in these circumstances that I've ever heard)
He said he could see the black ice and he made it OK, but he told me I should fight it! LOL. Jerk

I got a ticket years ago for doing 70 in a 50 zone. Problem was the 70 sign got knocked over by the snow plow and was laying in the ditch just past where I got pulled over. Cop didn't care and said the last upright speed limit sign was marked as 50 so that was the speed limit. Idiot....

I think most have other more important things to do than hand out tickets for no front plate, unless they are desperate to reach their daily quota. My '21 C8 had no front plate and I sat facing police cars across intersections at stops signs and stop lights, passed them head on on the highway, and followed behind them for several kms and was never called on it. I'll be picking up my '23 C8 in four weeks and hope to have the same luck with it.

We bought our 2005 in 2012 and it had never had a front plate bracket mounted on the facia. I wasn't about to drill holes in the body. Shortly after that, a friend got a fine for no plate. I made up a bracket that mounted on the bottom of the front facia. It sort of cleans up the front end, being down low but is still an eye sore.

Attachments

• Our C6 Corvette Front 1.JPG
    Our C6 Corvette Front 1.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Reactions: Black 03 Z06

License Frame.

That bracket is listed under Exterior Options in the C8 Build & Price, for $20. I had no intention of using one as it covers part of the fascia.
Upon delivery, there was one in the frunk, along with cargo nets and track brake ducts. When you pry the center insert off in the plate area, there's a recess with 4 marked indents spaced for plate holes. I added 1" lengths of plastic tube behind the plate, with longer screws. Then the plate needs only a tiny bit of bend in the middle to fit. It looks WAY better than the black bracket IMO.

That bracket is listed under Exterior Options in the C8 Build & Price, for $20. I had no intention of using one as it covers part of the fascia.
Upon delivery, there was one in the frunk, along with cargo nets and track brake ducts. When you pry the center insert off in the plate area, there's a recess with 4 marked indents spaced for plate holes. I added 1" lengths of plastic tube behind the plate, with longer screws. Then the plate needs only a tiny bit of bend in the middle to fit. It looks WAY better than the black bracket IMO.
I agree, but there are also 2 screw holes for the bracket that can be used if one wants to make their own as I did.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
In BC you have to run a front plate but I have removed mine and have not been stopped yet. I removed it off both my 70 LS5 and my Gen 3 Viper and now my current Grand sport and no issues as yet. I just keep the plate in the truck to show i have one should i get stopped.

Just a thought but BC especially has a large number of Alberta visitors that do not even get a second plate. When does the cop see that you have no plate, other than a routine stop unless he meets you on the road? Then he doesn't know if you may be an Alberta visitor until he looks in his rearview mirror. So... does he look for a place to turn around and chase you down for a license plate ticket? Most time I really doubt it. Especially in the urban areas of BC where driving is typically a nightmare anyway on streets that are busy 23 1/2 hours per day. JMO

Reactions: Murray20c8
Ya, like @Rruuff Day said. Here in Ontario we get a lot of Quebec visitors and they don't run a front plate. So unless the cop wants to nail you on a stop for other reasons it's likely safe enough not to run one. I wanted one because my wife drives the car more than me and I don't want her getting hassled.

Ya, like @Rruuff Day said. Here in Ontario we get a lot of Quebec visitors and they don't run a front plate. So unless the cop wants to nail you on a stop for other reasons it's likely safe enough not to run one. I wanted one because my wife drives the car more than me and I don't want her getting hassled.
You just never know, I picked up my new car on April 2021, I told the dealer to not attach the front plate. On the way home, a fed from the opposite direction passed me and then pulled a u turn then flipped his lights on and pulled me over. He stopped me because I had no plate on the front. He gave me a warning as I blamed the dealer for not attaching it. Now I run with a front plate, I don’t want to be hassled.

Last edited:
Hmmmm... I thought Doug was building a wall?

• Haha
Reactions: Murray20c8
You just never know, I picked up my new car on April 2021, I told the dealer to not attach the front plate. On the way home, a fed from the opposite direction passed me and then pulled a u turn then flipped his lights on and pulled me over. He stopped me because I had no plate on the front. He gave a warning as blamed the dealer for not attaching it. Now I run with S front plate, I don’t want g to be hassle.
I hear ya. but refer to my above post. Like all of society there are some bad people and some of them are cops.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.