Nope. Its only a matter of time before I am caught. Might run into the dealership tomorrow.
I think it's 110.00 in total....Thing is I was slightly going over the speed limit and the officer gave me the front plate sticker instead. Maybe its a good thing to leave it off ;)

Or use the Murray method.

Attachments

• Capture 1.JPG
    Capture 1.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 143
  • Capture 3.JPG
    Capture 3.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 147
I have yet to have an officer test my narrowed front plate that is tucked inside the front facia. Folded with rubber insulators to save the paint, plus I can install my front mask without interference. Then I am running with no front plate, I'll take my chances. No way am I drilling the front facia on this car.

Attachments

• DSCF3896.JPG
    DSCF3896.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 111
Or use the Murray method.

I don't quite get what the "Murray" method is. Back in C4 days I got a ticket leaving the dealership after being told by sales that I did not need front plate. Drove back to the dealership and they credited me with the $100.
My C8 got 2 strips of velcro and slapped on. In BC you could move plates between "stored" and "insured" cars so I did that twice a year and velcro made it much simpler. New system this year so you never need to change plates but I still use velcro

Reactions: BCL
I don't quite get what the "Murray" method is. Back in C4 days I got a ticket leaving the dealership after being told by sales that I did not need front plate. Drove back to the dealership and they credited me with the $100.
My C8 got 2 strips of velcro and slapped on. In BC you could move plates between "stored" and "insured" cars so I did that twice a year and velcro made it much simpler. New system this year so you never need to change plates but I still use velcro
I wouldn't trust velcro, but good for you if it works for you. My method is just make your own mount using the holes that are there already. (See above)

Reactions: gdb069
I’ve been “front plate free” on all my cars since moving to Ontario in 1993, Approx24 cars in all. Been stopped 5 times but only once I got the 110$ fine. I just tell the officer that I hate the look of a front plate but happy to get the ticket in exchange for my decision, and see what happens.
You tell him you'd be happy with a ticket? Not sure where your quote ends. I'd never ask for a ticket myself.

I never put a front license plate on my 98 Mustang Cobra which I purchased new and sold in 2020 and I was pulled over twice for no front plate. I simply stated that I didnt like the look but I also had the front plate with me in the car………..no ticket issued either time. The guy who bought my Cobra put a front plate on and it killed the looks of the car.

I refuse to put a front plate on my Corvette as well. I was pulled over once for quick acceleration however the cop even though he walked completely around the car, he was more interested in the car specs than anything else.

No front plate on my car either. I had a new 2007 Shelby GT 500 Mustang: no front plate- over 6 yr. period two warnings from police - no ticket. Keep front plate in car - police - put up inside windshield - good idea??

To me a front plate inside the windshield looks even worse than on the front of the car. Plus glare from window refection. No thanks.
Not permanent. Keep under seat - use if stopped. I agree. I may be dumb, but, I aren't stupid - LOL. I thought my point was clear in my post nes pas?

You tell him you'd be happy with a ticket? Not sure where your quote ends. I'd never ask for a ticket myself.
30 years ago I got advice from a Peel region officer friend of mine on how to interact when stopped. He told me that they are lied to and told silly stories all day long, or people argue everything. He told me the best strategy is to just be polite, upfront, open and truthful. I have used that strategy successfully for many, many years. I was once clocked doing a ridiculous 197KPH, but after a polite conversation I was written up for 124KPH. Usually when I tell an officer that I don’t mind the ticket for the front plate, they just give me a verbal warning and let me go.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.