Hmmmm... I thought Doug was building a wall?
Wrong side. Wrong politician. Doug built a wall already between him and health care workers! ;) the GOP wants a wall on their North border as well as the south. Likely a floating wall on the east and west coasts as well. lol

• Haha
Reactions: BCL and Rruuff Day
Well I took the Vette out for only the second time so far this year on Wednesday. It was beautiful spring sunny day, 77° (F) too! I was 1/4 mile from my house driving down a two way street. The speed limit in town is 50 kph. A black Dodge Ram pulled in behind me rather quickly. He was close and made me somewhat uncomfortable however we all experience this with drivers that want a closer look at our cars or personalized license plates, something that I have (Z06 SC).

Well I turned right at the end of that road as it terminates, then again driving on a two way street towards downtown. The truck was again rather close so I gave it a shot in second gear, accelerated to probably 75-80 then immediately slowed back down to 55 kph. I couldn’t believe it when the front grill of that black Dodge Ram lit up like a Christmas Tree with blue and red flashing lights. I knew that the back end of my car during acceleration stepped out and my fear was whether or not that would constitute stunt driving which in Ontario results in the vehicle being impounded for two weeks along with various charges and fines.

When the officer walked up to my car I was so angry, I can’t believe I went on the offensive. I realize that they have discretion relative to fining or issuing a ticket, and being courteous is the smart response, however I was truly pissed off. I angrily told him I can’t believe it’s a truck, then accused him of racing to get behind me and following me closely. It was then he returned the aggressive posture and asked for my insurance and drivers license. Having only put the insurance on the Corvette a few days prior, not having the pink certificate yet, the only proof of insurance I had was the electronic slip mailed to me. Being nervous I initially didn’t think I had my phone on me, then I couldn’t find the email containing proof on insurance.

It was then that the officer accused me of having excessively loud exhaust and no front license plate. Recognizing that things we’re going south, I asked him if we could start over, to which he said yes.

I explained to him that my exhaust was indeed factory, to which he replied that he was aware of the various settings in the car. In fact it wasn’t that the back end stepped out when I accelerated, but it was the loudness of my exhaust that drew his attention. I have my exhaust note set to “track” ha ha.

Regarding the license plate, I told him I haven’t installed it because it ruins the look of the car. He acknowledged that he too was aware of that. I said that I carry the plate with me, to which he responded that the Ontario Traffic Act states that there is a requirement for all Ontario cars to maintain a front license plate. I acknowledged that I was aware of that.

My nervousness was easily observable, but I explained that I am a rules follower and have had only one speeding ticket in my entire life, that being at night ten years ago leaving North Bay after picking up my kids from university, to which he relied, listen I’m not going to be fining you, just keep the noise (exhaust) down.

He started to walk away however I called him (officer) back to which I thanked him.

So he didn’t fine or ticket me and he didn’t tell me to put the front plate on. I never could find the email providing proof of insurance until I got home either. I suspect that he too is a car enthusiast based on not providing direction regarding the front license plate as well as no ticket issuance for the back end of the car stepping out.

I do feel that he profiled me though, and followed me just waiting for me to do what all Corvette owners do!

I can’t believe I got pulled over by an unmarked black Dodge Ram truck with tinted windows!

Last edited:
Well I took the Vette out for only the second time so far this year on Wednesday. It was beautiful spring sunny day, 77° (F) too! I was 1/4 mile from my house driving down a two way street. The speed limit in town is 50 kph. A black Dodge Ram pulled in behind me rather quickly. He was close and made me somewhat uncomfortable however we all experience this with drivers that want a closer look at our cars or personalized license plates, something that I have (Z06 SC).

Well I turned right at the end of that road as it terminates, then again driving on a two way street towards downtown. The truck was again rather close so I gave it a shot in second gear, accelerated to probably 75-80 then immediately slowed back down to 55 kph. I couldn’t believe it when the front grill of that black Dodge Ram lit up like a Christmas Tree with blue and red flashing lights. I knew that the back end of my car during acceleration stepped out and my fear was whether or not that would constitute stunt driving which in Ontario results in the vehicle being impounded for two weeks along with various charges and fines.

When the officer walked up to my car I was so angry, I can’t believe I went on the offensive. I realize that they have discretion relative to fining or issuing a ticket, and being courteous is the smart response, however I was truly pissed off. I angrily told him I can’t believe it’s a truck, then accused him of racing to get behind me and following me closely. It was then he returned the aggressive posture and asked for my insurance and drivers license. Having only put the insurance on the Corvette a few days prior, not having the pink certificate yet, the only proof of insurance I had was the electronic slip mailed to me. Being nervous I initially didn’t think I had my phone on me, then I couldn’t find the email containing proof on insurance.

It was then that the officer accused me of having excessively loud exhaust and no front license plate. Recognizing that things we’re going south, I asked him if we could start over, to which he said yes.

I explained to him that my exhaust was indeed factory, to which he replied that he was aware of the various settings in the car. In fact it wasn’t that the back end stepped out when I accelerated, but it was the loudness of my exhaust that drew his attention. I have my exhaust note set to “track” ha ha.

Regarding the license plate, I told him I haven’t installed it because it ruins the look of the car. He acknowledged that he too was aware of that. I said that I carry the plate with me, to which he responded that the Ontario Traffic Act states that there is a requirement for all Ontario cars to maintain a front license plate. I acknowledged that I was aware of that.

My nervousness was easily observable, but I explained that I am a rules follower and have had only one speeding ticket in my entire life, that being at night ten years ago leaving North Bay after picking up my kids from university, to which he relied, listen I’m not going to be fining you, just keep the noise (exhaust) down.

He started to walk away however I called him (officer) back to which I thanked him.

So he didn’t fine or ticket me and he didn’t tell me to put the front plate on. I never could find the email providing proof of insurance until I got home either. I suspect that he too is a car enthusiast based on not providing direction regarding the front license plate as well as no ticket issuance for the back end of the car stepping out.

I do feel that he profiled me though, and followed me just waiting for me to do what all Corvette owners do!

I can’t believe I got pulled over by an unmarked black Dodge Ram truck with tinted windows!
I got pulled over 3 weeks ago going slowly on Marine drive (main street): SUV lights flashing. I was nice as pie not knowing why he pulled me over? No front license plate. He understood why I did not want it mounted on the front; however, gave me ticket and said if I dispute and show proof that it was installed, the fine would be cancelled. Reluctantly, I took the front cover off and installed it. It actually looks fine - recessed quite far in - looks way better than using the huge mounting set-up from GM. I drove my Shelby GT500 for 6 years without a front plate - two warnings - no ticket. The nice thing is, I can remove the plate anytime and put the cover back on. No points - just $85.00 ticket.

I've seen cops in a Ford focus, a soccer mom's van, Camaro's ... You name it!
The way to tell (usually) is they don't have nice rims and they have wider tires. Not to mention the lights mounted in the grills, under the front bumper or the top of the windshield etc.

BTW, What I do when jerks (cops or otherwise) tailgate me is I slow down. If they continue I slow even more. Ands sometimes pull over so they can go around me. I don't need or want people tailgating me.

No front plate on my car either. I had a new 2007 Shelby GT 500 Mustang: no front plate- over 6 yr. period two warnings from police - no ticket. Keep front plate in car - police - put up inside windshield - good idea??
When I was pulled over and ticketed I did have the plate in the windshield and he told me it had to be on the front of the vehicle. Honestly, it's all up to the officer who pulls you over.

Reactions: BCL

We live and sometimes learn lessons the easier way. You were lucky he was in a good mood and/or liked your car. Especially tearing him a new one when he first walked up. And not being able to produce proof of insurance is a really nasty fine, at least in AB.

Most cops will show some leniency if you are respectful. They are people, just like we are and they do have bad days. Just think of what they have to deal with sometimes ... especially in light of the challenges like defunding, profiling etc. Show them respect and for most, they will reciprocate.

Most cops will show some leniency if you are respectful. They are people, just like we are and they do have bad days. Just think of what they have to deal with sometimes ... especially in light of the challenges like defunding, profiling etc. Show them respect and for most, they will reciprocate.
That is true, I haven't been stopped in years, but the few times I have I have found them to be well trained, courteous, and business like.
We have to remember they have a job to do the same as the rest of us, enforcing laws, even though some of us don't always agree with them,
like front plates.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.