nosubs

Casual User
Aug 1, 2023
VetteCoins
Province
ON
Hi everyone, I have a 2024 C8, with about 450km and have 3 random questions. Thanks in advance if you have insight on one or more of them.

1. What is the technique when filling up at the gas pump that the diagrams on the fuel door are describing?

2. The way my front trunk pops, it sounds like a cartoon sound effect of a spring. I tend to think it should not sound that way, I'm wondering if something is broken. The rear trunk sounds different and more regular. Maybe I am just being too particular, has anyone else noticed this?

3. I had some really stubborn stains on the barrels of all four rims, maybe grease or oil, pretty much all the way around the barrel in random splatter patterns. They were quite difficult to get off. They probably would not be noticed on a black rim, but they show up on silver. Especially after I wiped them with a microfiber cloth and water, they went from looking grey to black.

If it was one rim I would have thought something like a CV boot split and was throwing grease around the rim, but since it's all four rims that seems unlikely. I don't notice it on any other part of the car (where I would expect it if I drove through something - like the wheel wells). I've not driven much yet, only in good weather, only on good roads, so it's just a bit puzzling and I'm curious if it was random to only me. Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks.

1. Tap to pay for gas, push fuel door, pull open, stick nozzle in, squeeze trigger, look around idly trying not to make eye contact with anyone. When trigger clicks, stick it back in the pumps, close fuel door, get receipt for the $100.00 you just pumped in. Get back in car and drive off like you know how to drive.

2. Is yours a 2024 with the soft close frunk?

3. Sounds like you drove through fresh tar.

Reactions: Bunny hop
Interesting that you had it too, scraze and Andris. Maybe it was somehow oil/grease inside the rotors that came out when first driven...

Rruuff Day, I hope it doesn't happen regularly from brake dust, it was stubborn to get off! It wasn't an even coating of brake dust, but maybe it could have been water concentrated with a lot of brake dust in it that dried up...

Jack, I tried to clean it all away, but I probably missed a spot, so I can take a picture if I see some left.

#3 - I had the stains as well, right from brand new - maybe corrosion inhibitor for the brake rotors put on at the factory or by the brake disk manufacturer? It comes off with rubbing with detergent and warm water. I never did, but it would be easier / faster / more thorough if you pull the wheels off to clean 'em