This is inevitable, but it will be a while.

Either way, I can't see myself giving up my gas powered toys anytime soon. But when that day comes, I will find other ways to make a noise...a lot of noise.
Hey! No off gassing aloud (allowed) lol

So update to my install is I couldn't do the headers. They do not fit in the convertible. They are too high. If you want headers for a convertible you have to wait for a vert version. The sport cats are in and its loud af. I did a test start today, big difference from stock. Tomorrow I'll try to button everything up and start it again for a longer duration.

So update to my install is I couldn't do the headers. They do not fit in the convertible. They are too high. If you want headers for a convertible you have to wait for a vert version. The sport cats are in and its loud af. I did a test start today, big difference from stock. Tomorrow I'll try to button everything up and start it again for a longer duration.
Damn. I need to hear this. What cats did you go with?

I know it's tough to describe online, but is it louder overall in volume? Or does the tone change completely? When you are inside the cabin in touring mode, is it still loud? Or still tame?

First, when the C8 is all electric or hybrid , put small high power speakers in the exhaust area playing a roaring C8 sound off the track. Surely someone will offer it . Maybe itunes.
Second, I`m glad I got the the performance package for $1500 or so. I`ve been watching all these vids offering aftermarket exhaust at a high price $4000 USD and up with only a few HP to gain except for the noise!

The NPP option is a stand alone option which also comes standard with the Z51.
It is far from tame, but being a rear engine car it's hard to hear the exhaust in the cabin. Chevrolet pipes in some exhaust sound through the radio.
With NPP you get 2 options. Tour mode which has exhaust valves closed with exhaust going through the muffler and open where the exhaust bypasses the muffler. What likely makes aftermarket exhausts louder is the cats. You lose the valves with aftermarket exhausts
Really some exhaust sound comes through the radio speakers?? This is the first I have heard of that and I mean that literally LOL.

Alright guys I got most of it buttoned up. Sounds great and yes, its loud. I'd say tour mode sounds like the old sport mode. I posted a video on YouTube. Its hard to tell on computer speakers but trust me, its loud!

Sparro, can't wait for all those guys that say NPP is enough to hear this beast in person. Sport cats, aftermarket wheels and lowering are the 3 must do's on all C8's.

Hard to tell in an enclosed garage. Would be nice to hear it outside without the enclosure turbulence Sparro. jmo

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.