Great video Sparro, your Vette sounds amazing.

Not sure if you already posted, what’s the brand of the sports cats you bought/where did you get them from? I see the Fabspeed ones come a lot, are they those ?
Nope, Fabspeed and Soul and the others are just way too much $$$ for pieces of pipe. I went with 2M Fabrication. The cats are $550 USD plus shipping. They use the same 200 CEL material tha Fabspeed and Soul use, its just not the fancy German material.

Reactions: Gilles27 and jimmyb
...Oh ya, check you shock towers. My cars been in storage for 3 months and I opened the front up to find water still in my passenger side shock tower. Terrible. I'm gonna use the cheap tennis ball and shower cap method.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-02-04 at 4.28.33 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-02-04 at 4.28.33 PM.jpeg
    207 KB · Views: 51
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-02-04 at 4.30.24 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-02-04 at 4.30.24 PM.jpeg
    208.6 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: jimmyb
...Oh ya, check you shock towers. My cars been in storage for 3 months and I opened the front up to find water still in my passenger side shock tower. Terrible. I'm gonna use the cheap tennis ball and shower cap method.
I don't see the harm with water there. If there are no contaminants in the water it will do no harm. Still, I'll likely do something as well.

I don't see the harm with water there. If there are no contaminants in the water it will do no harm. Still, I'll likely do something as well.
Seriously Murray? You are smarter than that. The harm it does it rust your top shock bolts that are located in those shock towers. Good luck trying to get them out one day.

Didn't look like steel. I was looking at the pictures of where the water was. Sorry, if I'm not that smart.

Wondering what everyone's thoughts are on going with an aftermarket exhaust vs Z51 package? I haven't had the opportunity to see/hear a C8 w/Z51 in person yet but from what I've been reading online is that the Z51 exhaust is a bit tame. I've seen a number of aftermarket exhaust installs & they seem to really give the C8 that aggressive sound... just look at this one with the FAB speed exhaust... that being said I know the Z51 package is more than just the exhaust & I'm not too eager to start putting aftermarket parts on a brand new vehicle, plus I likely won't ever be tracking it either.

For those who have the Z51 package, how do you find the exhaust?
I immediately installed Magnaflow exhaust (cat-back), ARH Long Tube. Headers, Soler Throttle Body and an Attack Blue Air Filter. It now sounds like a super car and the added torque and HP leaves a stock Z51 in the dust in a New York minute. When I want it quieter, I switch to “Tour” or ”My mode (stealth exhaust setting). 90% of the time, the Z51 is in “Track” mode transmission (which keeps the dreaded 4 cylinder activation out of the loop) and “Tour“ suspension. Happy Motoring!

Reactions: jimmyb
All of us will put the covers on the shock towers and Murray can do what is best for him. Just another miss from GM.
Not any longer. There are holes now (2021 also?) to let the water out.

Reactions: Vetteboy21
Not any longer. There are holes now (2021 also?) to let the water out.
The 2021 only has the problem on one side (not both, like the 2020) since GM covered up holes on the one side and water no longer drains into the shock/strut tower on that side. Good on GM if they finally solved this for the 2022; it only took them 3 years...

I put a Hennessy exhaust on my Z51.
sound was much improved, if you like a full body exhaust.
some power increase, but not a lot. And weight loss.. (if you want it)
I did not find it too loud and no drone.
with that said it was expensive and the NPP is very nice as it is.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.