Considering your car was parked and the other driver has admitted to causing the accident wouldn't your insurer go after his insurer to get your deductible and loss of use rental fee paid? Not sure how things work in Alberta, but in Ontario the other insurer would be responsible for paying your claim for loss of use (rental) and your deductible. You may wish to check with your insurer. Also, I believe you may be entitled to a rental vehicle of equal value if you were able to rent a Vette. Likely, no rental Vettes available in your area, but maybe a top of the line SUV and tell your body guy to take his time and fix it right. Cheers

If you don't have "loss of use" (rental) coverage and it sounds like SN3 doesn't (not the OP or original poster; he has it), the insurer in Alberta isn't obliged to try and collect your rental vehicle payment although some do as a courtesy. Insurers will however collect your deductible but most will waive that deductible when you're not at fault and the other driver has insurance. I assume that it works that way in Ontario. Having said all that, SN3 has ++ other vehicles to drive which explains him not paying for "loss of use" coverage since he can hop into another one when needed.

Kudos to the guy that owned up to the damage. Not to hijack your thread but the comment the adjuster made "we usually use used parts for a car this old but because your car is in nice shape we will use OE parts" Are you kidding? He/She had to say that to make you feel better about this. The amount of insurance we pay for these cars and the adjuster comes off as doing you a favor? I recently renewed my policy and my Ins. company said for an extra $XX we will REDUCE any increase in your premium with your first AT FAULT accident. What do you mean REDUCE? Well we won't raise it as much as we would have if you didn't pay for the extra coverage. Well what about the previous 50 years I paid my premiums with no claims? Does that not matter? NO. Another note if I may. A friend of mine had a mishap with his Corvette and the ins. company fixed the car without too much negotiating but my friend asked for something not very common in Canada but is used in some states. It's called DIMINISHED VALUE. His company argued about this so he took them to court. It never made it to a judge but he had his car appraised by two GM dealers and both appraisals noted that because the car had previous damage it would not be worth the same value as a clean no accident car. Insurance company was forced by an adjudicator to pay up.

Considering your car was parked and the other driver has admitted to causing the accident wouldn't your insurer go after his insurer to get your deductible and loss of use rental fee paid? Not sure how things work in Alberta, but in Ontario the other insurer would be responsible for paying your claim for loss of use (rental) and your deductible. You may wish to check with your insurer. Also, I believe you may be entitled to a rental vehicle of equal value if you were able to rent a Vette. Likely, no rental Vettes available in your area, but maybe a top of the line SUV and tell your body guy to take his time and fix it right. Cheers
Where was the car parked? If it’s on the road liability falls on the the truck. If parking lot, ask insurance. 😳

Easy to see why car insurance companies are worth millions of dollars. One can drive accident free for 30 years without an accident, have a small accident in a parking lot with no fault of your own and they raise your premium. They should reimburse owner something for all the years you paid them and costing them nothing. Darn if you do darn if you don't.

When the house was robbed around 35 years ago. the adjusters were all over the place trying to cut the re-imbursement. You have to have your wits about you so they don't GS (gouge and screw- no tax) you.
When we had the ice storm in "98 here they didn't want to pay for what was in the freezer. They ended up paying as I said that the house actually never froze inside as it was hovering around 0C every day. A pot of water in the kitchen never froze. The adjuster had said I could of put the food outside (for the animals) to keep it frozen except there was no snow.
You got to be ready for them. You pay every year but that doesn't count.

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.