R

RockyPM

i posted this on Facebook but wanted to share with those that are not on that forum. My car was parked in a lot in Airdrie on Sunday and the store pager system called out "would the owner of the copper Corvette come to the front desk". Oh s**t, it got hit...... Sure enough it had but the fellow who hit it actually came into the store to find me! go figure. He Said he couldn't leave and had to own up and owed it to me. Holy crap, an honest person!! He said that is wife and himself had actually stopped and admired the car before getting into their truck. They discussed where they were going next and then he pulled out and completely forgot my car was next to him!!. We exchanged information. I spent Monday getting police report in and checked out two body shops. Decided on First Choice Collision in Red Deer, They were knowledgeable, have worked on several Corvettes and one of the fellows owns his own. It will hopefully head in in a couple of days. They may have to order a new set of Morimoto headlight because of the torn rubber seal.
IMG-6122.jpg
IMG-6121.jpg

Holy! Well that's a tough way to start the driving season. Lets hope your car is fixed quickly and they do a great job.
.... The other driver is a bit unlucky (too) but definitely a stand-up guy.
:Cheers2:

:( I am sad as I empathize with this formidable inconvenience that you have experienced :nailbiting: ,,,
Mostly in regard to the uplift of escaping from hibernation and having to endure a loss of use and enjoyment interval.
Anticipating that in good time, your treasured Corvette will be as good as new.

Grateful for and hankering aside that selfsame integrity exhibited from the on set,
will continue throughout the repair process for your post-repair epilogue. 🙏🏻

Last edited:
:( I am sad as I empathize with this formidable inconvenience that you have experienced :nailbiting: ,,,
Mostly in regard to the uplift of escaping from hibernation and having to endure a loss of use and enjoyment interval.
Anticipating that in good time, your treasured Corvette will be as good as new.

Grateful for and hankering aside that selfsame integrity exhibited from the on set,
will continue throughout the repair process for your post-repair epilogue. 🙏🏻
Not exactly sure I follow all the words in your post, but Thank You for caring! I'm having withdrawal symptoms already but will be happy once it's back on the road!

So talked with the insurance adjuster and she walked me through all the details. I had sent her a 5 page PDF detailing all information and photos of the vehicles, insurance, registration and drivers license. She didn't have any more questions and told me that for vehicles great than 5 years old they will used used or aftermarket parts. Before I could say anything she went on to say that because of my cars shape and care that it has obviously been shown that OEM parts will be used! That was a relief! Should be in the shop tomorrow I hope!

I do have loss of use coverage and was thinking about it! Car goes into the shop tomorrow and hopefully will only be a week.

• Useful
Reactions: C6 2008 ZO6
Not exactly sure I follow all the words in your post, but Thank You for caring!
Ya ... as you know me, my words are definitely for caring :thumbs:

... some of what may be misunderstood can easily be explained in person,
in good time and with a few beers of course ...
however I see some of where I was leading toward with the initial comment you received from the insurance adjuster ...
the one I know as "the person who attempts to cut the better of the deal for the insurance company"
and ya WTF ... it's a no-fault claim of yours and they are mentioning potential compromise(s) right away ... argh!
(I share the overcoming of adjuster experiences that I don't tell too many about ... around the second beer :Biggrin:)
Glad you found your way over the initial adjuster hurdle(s) :Hurray:

... I go to my choice repair shop now for a quote in addition to the adjuster appointment
because my repair shop agent will instantly tell me if OEM parts are available and then
gives me confidence to arm-wrestle if needed ... I've learned a bit more by doing this too.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: RockyPM
I do have loss of use coverage and was thinking about it! Car goes into the shop tomorrow and hopefully will only be a week.
My insurer has offset my deductible when I don't use the "loss of use" rental ...
as I have a few daily drivers that I can use instead of a getting a "ford focus rental".
It makes the out-of-pocket deductible loss (when applicable) a bit less,
over a week it can be perhaps about $150 or more.

Last edited:
My insurer has offset my deductible when I don't use the "loss of use" rental ...
as I have a few daily drivers that I can use instead of a getting a "ford focus rental".
It makes the out-of-pocket deductible loss (when applicable) a bit less,
over a week it can be perhaps about $150 or more.
Considering your car was parked and the other driver has admitted to causing the accident wouldn't your insurer go after his insurer to get your deductible and loss of use rental fee paid? Not sure how things work in Alberta, but in Ontario the other insurer would be responsible for paying your claim for loss of use (rental) and your deductible. You may wish to check with your insurer. Also, I believe you may be entitled to a rental vehicle of equal value if you were able to rent a Vette. Likely, no rental Vettes available in your area, but maybe a top of the line SUV and tell your body guy to take his time and fix it right. Cheers

Reactions: 2KforeverC5
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.