Heated seats?! 95% of Corvette's are parked for the winter. You want your bum bum to be warm, throw on a thicker diaper...
Perhaps they are parked because no heated seats, no heated steering wheel and no A/S (M+S) tires. My C4 was like that (Gatorbacks were useless in rain or even light snow) and stayed 5 months in the garage but I decided the C8 is a car ready for the Canadian winter (or at least a Vancouver winter). I do get a few funny looks going skiing and got pulled over by RCMP checking for winter tires. They were not happy when I told them it had M+S and were reluctant to get their uniforms wet kneeling to look it but were shocked (and wet) to find it.

Attachments

• C8 Whistler snow.jpg
    C8 Whistler snow.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
I live in MB, from what I've heard from dealers average wait time now for a Stingray is 3-5 years ( potentially less) which gives me some time to save up what I need once I sell my C7 when the time comes. I have a couple questions for those of you that have gone through the process. Is there a benefit of putting my name on the list of multiple dealers including out of province, is that even allowed? One of the big dealers here said that they no longer take a deposit to get added to the list , but once you are within the allotment of a calendar year, meaning your in top 5-10 next to order they require 5-10k. Lastly from what I understand as long as the price remains under 100k I can avoid the Liberals luxury tax. Should these things in a couple years start going for msrp or the used market reflects that at least, I'd pull my name.
its been 5 days, did you get on list or lists yet? don't delay

its been 5 days, did you get on list or lists yet? don't delay
I had several options to choose from, found a 2 year wait out West BUT they want me to finance so hard pass, cash is king and I prefer to own my vehicles and not co own with a bank. I ended up going on 2 local places lists, no deposit to hold my spot 3-4 year wait, fingers crossed a recession shortens that list list or we go back to the golden era when our dollar was equal to usd lol.
I'll still fire off emails to other dealers inquiring but it seems like a solid 3-5 years across the board.

Last edited:
Reactions: DenisC8
Great pic. I don't see any snow on the tarmac. Must have been a white knuckle drive...
One Spring I took my C4 skiing (Goodyear Gatorbacks) and, unbeknownst to us it snowed at the base of the mountain but was clear where we were skiing. Took 4 hours to drive the 1.5 hour drive home and white knuckles and sweat soaked. I also slid it into a ravine once going home from work with 1 inch of snow.

The C8 with A/S tires is confidence-building and great in the snow as long as not too deep. Just a bit difficult to fit equipment in but otherwise I like the toastyness of jackets stored in the trunk.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.