Black Vettes Matter
Regular
Dec 6, 2018
VetteCoins
Car
C7 Z51 Owner
Province
MB
I live in MB, from what I've heard from dealers average wait time now for a Stingray is 3-5 years ( potentially less) which gives me some time to save up what I need once I sell my C7 when the time comes. I have a couple questions for those of you that have gone through the process. Is there a benefit of putting my name on the list of multiple dealers including out of province, is that even allowed? One of the big dealers here said that they no longer take a deposit to get added to the list , but once you are within the allotment of a calendar year, meaning your in top 5-10 next to order they require 5-10k. Lastly from what I understand as long as the price remains under 100k I can avoid the Liberals luxury tax. Should these things in a couple years start going for msrp or the used market reflects that at least, I'd pull my name.

I live in MB, from what I've heard from dealers average wait time now for a Stingray is 3-5 years ( potentially less) which gives me some time to save up what I need once I sell my C7 when the time comes. I have a couple questions for those of you that have gone through the process. Is there a benefit of putting my name on the list of multiple dealers including out of province, is that even allowed?
It is allowed, but some dealers want more of a deposit than others

One of the big dealers here said that they no longer take a deposit to get added to the list , but once you are within the allotment of a calendar year, meaning your in top 5-10 next to order they require 5-10k.
That's not a bad thing. A deposit when you know you will get one is OK.

Lastly from what I understand as long as the price remains under 100k I can avoid the Liberals luxury tax. Should these things in a couple years start going for msrp or the used market reflects that at least, I'd pull my name.
Correct. If you keep the total under 100k there is no lux tax

Reactions: Canuck204
Aside from the deposit (however some Edmonton dealers don’t require one), you’re stuck paying to ship if you buy out of province, unless you’re game for a long first drive. But IMO the ship cost is worth it if you get your C8 appreciably sooner. So as usual, I recommend being on multiple lists and that includes out of province dealers. Make sure to verify a dealer will accept people from out of province; I’ve called BC dealers in the past who only deal with BC buyers. Good luck!

If anyone has an dealer west of MB to Vancouver Island you would recommend pm me, I'd appreciate it I would be willing to fly out for the right car. I won't touch dealers east no offence

If anyone has an dealer west of MB to Vancouver Island you would recommend pm me, I'd appreciate it I would be willing to fly out for the right car. I won't touch dealers east no offence
Why would we be offended? Just remember the top 3 dealers with the most allocations are in Ontario. However, many members have been successful at smaller dealers
So good luck!

I will add that trying to get one under $100k is difficult unless very basic car. Z51 Coupe with Mag Ride and lift is 100k with no other options. If trying to keep under 100k I would delete Z51 and then Front Lift.

I will add that trying to get one under $100k is difficult unless very basic car. Z51 Coupe with Mag Ride and lift is 100k with no other options. If trying to keep under 100k I would delete Z51 and then Front Lift.
Agreed, that number sure goes up fast when you build and price. A 1LT with a few add-ons is all I'm after. Even though I could afford it wouldn't sit well knowing I spent over a 100k on a car imo, I'll save that for down the road and treat myself.

Keep in mind some dealers in MB have a no refund policy on the deposit.
From what I've learned so far ( as of last week ) , Leadingham requires no deposit, so does Vickar so I'm on their lists. Birchwood wanted $500 and that was refundable. I was pretty surprised they all dont require a non refundable deposit, it makes sense to filter out the tire kickers and time waisters i was fully expecting they wanted a couple grand to lock in.

Also found out places wont take a cash purchases to cut down on re selling. I get that part, but rather sign a document saying I'm married to it. That's a deal breaker for me.
I refuse to finance so that is a dealbreaker. Take my cash/bank draft or someone else will

Agreed, that number sure goes up fast when you build and price. A 1LT with a few add-ons is all I'm after. Even though I could afford it wouldn't sit well knowing I spent over a 100k on a car imo, I'll save that for down the road and treat myself.
The only problem I have with 1LT (when I was doing my build) was: buying a "luxury" sports car not just a sports car and yet leaving out a lot of the "luxury" items. My problem was I could not spend the $80k and end up with a car that has fewer convenience items than my Honda CRV: such as the 14 speaker audio and folding mirrors and fewer safety items such as blind side and rear cross traffic alerts. So I ended up having to spend about 10% more for those features.

Yes Chevy really went with the porsche business model here. For 1LT you basically get a stripper corvette that has very few modern features. Not even heated seats or blind spot which is standard on the majority of cars. Im surprised they included power windows or AC in 1LT.

Reactions: gdb069
Yes Chevy really went with the porsche business model here. For 1LT you basically get a stripper corvette that has very few modern features. Not even heated seats or blind spot which is standard on the majority of cars. Im surprised they included power windows or AC in 1LT.
could be worse....imagine having to pay a monthly fee for some of these 'luxury' features like BMW!! no thanks...

Heated seats?! 95% of Corvette's are parked for the winter. You want your bum bum to be warm, throw on a thicker diaper...

I've been slumming it in my 1LT C7 and have been very happy with it. Going from a C6 to a C7 even being the base felt like a luxury car, night and day, I don't see a 1LT C8 being any worse. Only thing I would find beneficial would be the blind spot monitoring but I live and work rural so its mostly hwy and I just need to be aware. I don't expect anything about a corvette to be luxurious, I bought it number one for the fun to drive factor and its gorgeous, the fact that you can go cross country be able to walk at the end of the day and 30mpg is a bonus.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.