I kinda figured I am first into hibernation by starting this 2021-22 thread while transitioning my corvette time for a hand truck and a trailer. I am definitely counting on all this nice weather that everyone says they will be enjoying while on my road trip thru 5 Provinces and back. 🙂👍🏻
I was hoping one of these would fit in that hauler for some Autumn Maritime vette-trekking … quickly apparent there’s not a chance once my Wife & Daughter went shopping for the new shack. 😂
98BBF448-B457-438A-B413-086D83BC864A.jpeg

Last edited:
I kinda figured I am first into hibernation by starting this 2021-22 thread while transitioning my corvette time for a hand truck and a trailer. I am definitely counting on all this nice weather that everyone says they will be enjoying while on my road trip thru 5 Provinces and back. 🙂👍🏻
View attachment 87205
Drive safe Sp. Hopefully you have good weather. Say hello to my relatives as once you enter the Maritimes, most of us all have the same DNA. :rofl:

Reactions: YFCvii
Drive safe Sp. Hopefully you have good weather. Say hello to my relatives as once you enter the Maritimes, most of us all have the same DNA. :rofl:
Thx @Rruuff Day … hoping to be able to find and enjoy many things that are unique to the area while doing this move-in. The girls have been there for 5 weeks now and find it to be a very friendly place … well except for one realtor that I fired while hunting for properties back in the covid Oct-Jan (hope not your relative). 😂
Can’t wait to get us out of the costly airBnB and into our new build that we get next week - should be arriving on Thanksgiving weekend 👍🏻

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Are you referring to Steve Plunkett's Fleetwood Country Cruise in? I thought last one was 2019. Please enlighten me. Thanx! Here is a post from CTV in May 2019:

A London summer staple is sadly coming to an end.

Philanthropist Steve Plunkett has confirmed that this weekend's Fleetwood Country Cruize-In on the grounds of his west-London estate will be his last.

Plunkett, 63, says he will continue spending time and showing his vast classic car collection to other North American car shows.

He says the organizing the Fleetwood Country Cruize-In has become too much work and he is retiring from the job.

The classic car show has attracted hundreds of thousands of people over the last 15 years, raising $1.7 million for various charities.

This weekend's event kicks off Friday night with several musical acts including Tony Orlando, Mitch Ryder and Gary Lewis and the Playboys.
All of the above is correct... I went to many of those shows over the years... BUT not all is lost! Steve Plunkett has recently (started this Summer) made his estate available for Cruize-In nights on Thursdays... 5 pm to dusk.- weather permitting. They are hosted by the Hyde Park Lions, all social distancing protocols are followed, and it's free! Donations are requested to support the Lions' work and there is a 50/50 draw, great rock-n-roll tunes and fast food. I have really enjoyed them - a wide cross-section of classic cars (usually around 500), including awesome Corvettes, are in attendance. Unfortunately, the fun for this year wraps up at the end of September. That Steve just can't say no - when it's for charity... :)
Doug's Corvette.png

Reactions: Dik and 12cents
All of the above is correct... I went to many of those shows over the years... BUT not all is lost! Steve Plunkett has recently (started this Summer) made his estate available for Cruize-In nights on Thursdays... 5 pm to dusk.- weather permitting. They are hosted by the Hyde Park Lions, all social distancing protocols are followed, and it's free! Donations are requested to support the Lions' work and there is a 50/50 draw, great rock-n-roll tunes and fast food. I have really enjoyed them - a wide cross-section of classic cars (usually around 500), including awesome Corvettes, are in attendance. Unfortunately, the fun for this year wraps up at the end of September. That Steve just can't say no - when it's for charity... :)View attachment 87211
Many pleasant memories. Just knew Steve could not stay away. By the way, where have the Amphicars gone? Picture from 2011 show.

1632168526485.jpeg

Reactions: 12cents
6 weeks into hibernation and I miss my C7s. After arriving 3 weeks ago, not a Corvette to be seen here in Fredericton … so far …
returning back to YYC in a few weeks and sitting in the pilot seat will be on my list 😇👍🏻

Last edited:
Reactions: OL Yeller
6 weeks into hibernation and I miss my C7s. After arriving 3 weeks ago, not a Corvette to be seen here in Fredericton … so far …
returning back to YYC in a few weeks and sitting in the pilot seat will be on my list 😇👍🏻
Just put mine away on Friday. Sad occasion.
Plates came due on Oct 31st so there is just not enough good weather in Nov to make it worthwhile to keep on the road.
First frost just last week. Very late in the season for here.
Hope your travel back goes well SN. Maybe allow a bit more time in case of a storm blowing through. That and the days are not as long so less driving time.
Are you going out tonight? LOL See if the treats are any better in Fred. You could bring your daughter with you just like the good old days. LOL

• Haha
Just put mine away on Friday. Sad occasion.
Plates came due on Oct 31st so there is just not enough good weather in Nov to make it worthwhile to keep on the road.
First frost just last week. Very late in the season for here.
Hope your travel back goes well SN. Maybe allow a bit more time in case of a storm blowing through. That and the days are not as long so less driving time.
Are you going out tonight? LOL See if the treats are any better in Fred. You could bring your daughter with you just like the good old days. LOL
Thx … my first time and really enjoying the area and people out here … looking forward to not having to stay up until 2am to watch hockey when I get back to YYC. 🥅🏒🤪
Trying to determine if our next roadtrip in the spring to the home here in YFC can be in a vette.

Last edited:
Thx … my first time and really enjoying the area and people out here … looking forward to not having to stay up until 2am to watch hockey when I get back to YYC. 🥅🏒🤪
Trying to determine if our next roadtrip in the spring to the home here in YFC can be in a vette.
Once you get to May you are pretty good here.
Don't know about the northern trek over Lake Superior though. You might want to drop south for that section.
Hope you get a lot of goodies tonight. LOL

Once you get to May you are pretty good here.
Don't know about the northern trek over Lake Superior though. You might want to drop south for that section.
Hope you get a lot of goodies tonight. LOL
OK … Might have to extend my lease on Derek’s car hauler into Spring I suppose … then drive back to do a neighbourhood unveil …

Dang … no luck on the t-or-t tonight … my neighbours are not here yet 😳😂
2BEC23BB-6627-4F5D-A083-83C4EC86821C.jpeg

Reactions: Vettari
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread