Far from ideal. Get the wheels back on it, and keep the suspension loaded.
"or else"
Quite ideal for me. Been lifting and storing all my cars going back 40+ years never had any issues. Before battery tenders I'd pull the battery and keep it on a low charge in the house in a cool dark place (basement) with the battery sitting on a piece of wood (not concrete).

I don't keep the wheels on as I don't want the extra weight on the suspension while it's lifted and on the ZR1 I was worried about the mag shocks as I have read stuff about not keeping them fully extended but according to my Q&A with Jim Mero shortly after getting this car there was no issue according to him so that's what I do otherwise I would load up the suspension with stands while on the QJ.

Reactions: Dik
I've stored cars (boats, bikes, etc) for at least as long.
Back in the day, sure, perfect set up.
If hanging a unit with an electronic suspension is ok according to JM, fill your boots.
I'd NEVER consider it.
Your tires likely won't turn to dust, nor flatspot any more over 3-4 months, than they do overnight.

Thanks Peter for the video. I have been doing this for years and honestly don't think anyone believed me. You can actually see the oil pressure come up on the gauge. Foot to the floor and with the C5 crank the key and pre oil the motor (my fear of course has always been that it will actually start!). Funny thing is that in the manual for the car they tell you to use this same method to start a flooded car but don't give you all the details.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 BAD 9T9
From a mechanical perspective the video is correct. I think the issue should be that this likely is a good idea even after a couple of weeks in warm storage. Any oil left on the high side of the engine would be back in the sump within a week or two. It wont take a couple of months.

On the flip side, how much damage is really being done or are we just picking fly poop out of pepper?

From a mechanical perspective the video is correct. I think the issue should be that this likely is a good idea even after a couple of weeks in warm storage. Any oil left on the high side of the engine would be back in the sump within a week or two. It wont take a couple of months.

On the flip side, how much damage is really being done or are we just picking fly poop out of pepper?
Stop buying pepper from Costco.

Joker is looking sad

Attachments

• 2154C3F1-25F0-4EE6-BE9B-238BD932150B.jpeg
    2154C3F1-25F0-4EE6-BE9B-238BD932150B.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread