This is my first Vette, have done the car show scene (competitive level) within the JDM world. Now that I am about to drive my very own exotic C8, I am leaving notes on parked C8’s in my building where I work telling them about this forum and complementing their build. We may be far apart but you can be sure that if I ever pass guys like you, not only you will get a wave but I will likely pull over to chat and talk cars too. Ready for the new fam of vettes !!!

Hello fellow Vette owner ….wave wave

Attachments

• IMG_3154.jpeg
    IMG_3154.jpeg
    97.4 KB · Views: 10
When ever I notice another Vette on the road, I always make a point of waving. My experience has been that most will wave back.
This is a small snibit of history of "Save The Wave": History of the Corvette Wave - Corvette Action Center
Note: this article was published 1969.

I too subscribe to waving to most of the varitities of sports cars etc. Some wave, some don't. I drive a C6, regardless of the generation of Corvette, I will wave. Every watch Harley riders? The will ALMOST every time, give the 2 finger wave back to a fellow biker. I WILL keep waving :)

Yes, on those days (few and far between, unfortunately) when I finally get the Harley out, offering another biker a wave is very common.
It's certainly not restricted as a Harley-to-Harley thing, but rather bikers in general.
Tends to feel a little awkward when a scooter rolls by and gives you the wave.
For the split second it takes, why not?
My motor home is no different - usually people driving a similar coach will throw out a quick friendly 'gesture'.
I'm glad to hear this is also frequent in Corvettes, or else I'd be waving and they would be pulling over to check their tires.

By the way, I do wave to RRUUFF DAY when he wears his racing shoes. I even wave when I see a guy driving without shoes.
I really think this "Save the Wave" will make a difference Murray. Try it and it may make you smile as well!
Some people are new here and don't understand me yet. LOL

If I see a fellow Corvette I wave, some times miss them or don't see them in time, however the wave is so yesterday, the dream mid engine C8 Corvette is here, therefore we need to step up the game.

Going forward we need to acknowledge the logical progression of the Corvette,

1685278845311.png

Reactions: 12cents
Update on "The Wave". Took a run from Haliburton down to Washago last weekend.

Saw 2 C3's both waved with some enthusiasm. Three C8's and it was consistent, no wave. One Corvette, to be honest I am not sure what it was, wings chin spoilers heavy modified in flat black. They waved.

The cars were all far enough apart to make the assumption they were not together.

Two Porsche's both gave a thumbs up. One Porsche passed me and give the thumbs up or perhaps a middle finger. Acknowledgement at least.

My arm was tired. :Biggrin:

Funny I was at a park, parking lot. My cousins were leaving while we sat there. A C3 passed us (we were parked close to the street) ANd honked. I tried to lower my window to wave, but my cousins car got in the way! They waved back at me though! lol
Sometimes one can't acknowledge fast enough. Remember C8 owners are a little slow ... present company excluded of course! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread