IMG_2816.PNG
How many l/100 km is that beast? 400? :D
5 gallons per mile !!

Saw a program one time about mining in the wilderness. There was a huge Cat Grader that over the years became on solid piece. The entire thing was welded together. I guess in the middle of no where there are not too many Cat mechanics! The machine had long since been abandon and the earth was gradually reclaiming the beast.

I have seen a lot of mining equipment from the 1800's early1900's in Death Valley, huge compressors, forges, massive smelter equipment. It is in the middle of nowhere and I always have the same thought. How did they get it there in the first place? Amazing ingenuity I guess.

That is some truck Mike.

Something very major $$$$ must have failed on that truck to be sitting there for tourists to pose in front of. Hard to imagine it isn't working somewhere. Unless maybe it is just so outdated there is no support for it anymore. Plus new ones likely get 2.5 - 3 gallons to the mile making it uneconomical to operate now. Darn it..now I have to go look.
:keyboardwarior:

Ok I looked. Seems the rest of the behemoth mining trucks are all in the 200 gal/hour range. At 40 MPH top speed or working hard, they gulp down the same 5 gallons per mile on average.

Last edited:
Mike just happened to be wandering around and this popped up. Not as big as your machine but apparently all of them have limits. Change under ware at shift change.:Biggrin:View attachment 10891
Lol. I've seen that one before. I wondered who would catch the flak here? The loader driver? Or the dump truck driver.

Now that's a big nugget... you have to ask yourself... why? Just why.
Think of the bucket that loaded that and how did they expect that was going to end?
:Laughingatyou:

This reminds me of something that I saw just last week. I should pull the card out of my dashcam and see if I still have footage, but at an intersection in town a hoe was pulling up a massive chunk of tarmac and trying to drop it into a dump truck as I was pulling up. The chunk was at least 3-4 feet wider than the dump truck on both sides, and I stopped in front of the truck to wait, as I didn't want to be beside it if it broke. The impatient people behind me honked and they could kiss my ass, because with cars in front of me stopped and waiting to turn, there was no way I was going to put myself under or beside that load.

Reactions: ddgermann
This reminds me of something that I saw just last week. I should pull the card out of my dashcam and see if I still have footage, but at an intersection in town a hoe was pulling up a massive chunk of tarmac and trying to drop it into a dump truck as I was pulling up. The chunk was at least 3-4 feet wider than the dump truck on both sides, and I stopped in front of the truck to wait, as I didn't want to be beside it if it broke. The impatient people behind me honked and they could kiss my ass, because with cars in front of me stopped and waiting to turn, there was no way I was going to put myself under or beside that load.

Ya you have to wonder what these guys are thinking doing that along a active street.
"Oh look!!! I got a biggest chunk ever!!" I'm so great!! Oh well it just broke off and mashed a car... my bad"

Ugggg. :Ack2:

And the geniuses behind you texting and not paying attention to what's going on. Haha.

Agreed, you have to think and drive for others... so they can continue to be cool and in a hurry.

Haha

I think we need a driving experience venting thread. ;)

D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread