you are saying they read everyone's PM's?

I am betting a PM was sent to a wrong person, and they whined or copied it to a mod. I can not see them checking pm's on a regular basis.

There is no way for anyone to read a PM other than the person it is sent to. The same goes for your passwords - administrators can change them to a new one if a user needs it, but they can never see the password that a user has chosen.

I really didn't want to get into too many details. I was being slagged by someone (the name is irrelevant). For whatever reason, they had a PM which I had sent to another person, inviting them to join here. As I did not "edit" the content which spoke to inviting them to the CCF, the MOD's read that and this was where I was in breach. They did not (as Admn put it) have the ability to read the PM's without taking over control of the account. As my account is no longer mine (so to speak), they can do whatever they want with it. It is still a shame regardless.

There is no way for anyone to read a PM other than the person it is sent to. The same goes for your passwords - administrators can change them to a new one if a user needs it, but they can never see the password that a user has chosen.

That's not entirely true. If the database behind the forum is SQL, MySQL, or even Access, there are means to get users passwords and all PM's, and thread posts as all that info is stored in a DB somewhere. As a DBA with admin access, all data is viewable in one form or another. No one should ever expect any level of privacy on any type of public or private forum.

The same goes with the vbulletin software.

Hey Pierre, I don't suppose it was your Invitation to Chuck Cow :D

They didn't delete it and that how I found this forum today. Thanks, just sucks to be a junior member again. :canada:

Hey Pierre, I don't suppose it was your Invitation to Chuck Cow :D

They didn't delete it and that how I found this forum today. Thanks, just sucks to be a junior member again. :canada:

It probably was that but I also considered Chuck s one of our friends. Oh well I'm stll lurking there but refuse to re-incarnate. No worries, we are gaining critical mass so spread the word around.

Well I got reinstated. My remark with the "N" word was uncalled for and I guess I got bent out of shape over the circumstances. I still prefer it here as a more relaxed atmosphere and I suggested to the Admin and Mod that we each tear some pages out of each other's books (metaphorically speaking of course). We need some more critical mass to achieve some knowledge base and they could use some Canadian Cultural training (ergo learning from each other).

Read your rules people.

Stay tuned....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread