332266F4-55A4-428E-8BE2-16BD1BA5E646.jpeg

• Winner
Reactions: Tango and turbozig
I flew in the North throughout the early eighties. My definition of North means places you cannot drive to...Your Edmonton stories mean nothing to me.....lol.

When I came to Alberta a million years ago, I surveyed pipeline for Peace Pipe in Spirit River and points north from there. Coming from the east coast, I learned some things pretty fast... Don't touch metal with bare hands at -40. At - 45 when you take a leak outside, it's ice on the ground before you can pull your zipper up. At -50 your spit is ice when it hits the ground and at -50 when you get a litre of oil at the service station that's stored in a rack outside by the gas pump, it won't pour out the spout. You have to cut the top off the jug and even then it comes out like thick glue sludge.... And at -20, you change back into your shorts.... lol...

When I came to Alberta a million years ago, I surveyed pipeline for Peace Pipe in Spirit River and points north from there. Coming from the east coast, I learned some things pretty fast... Don't touch metal with bare hands at -40. At - 45 when you take a leak outside, it's ice on the ground before you can pull your zipper up. At -50 your spit is ice when it hits the ground and at -50 when you get a litre of oil at the service station that's stored in a rack outside by the gas pump, it won't pour out the spout. You have to cut the top off the jug and even then it comes out like thick glue sludge.... And at -20, you change back into your shorts.... lol...
Try taking a wizz outside through 6 layers of heavy clothes, when the temperature convinces your package that it’s an inny not an outy. Occasionally had to coax the old boy out with promises of a warmer future.

Try taking a wizz outside through 6 layers of heavy clothes, when the temperature convinces your package that it’s an inny not an outy. Occasionally had to coax the old boy out with promises of a warmer future.
Been there, done that.

Pretty strange when you take a pee and you can hear it crackling and freezing before it hits the ground. All the while praying the freezing part doesn’t make its way back up to “The Source”....!

Ah, memories and stories you wish tou didn’t have....lol!

Reactions: Cariboocreek
How much do millennials weigh?

An instagram.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
People say Millennials are entitled...

but have you ever tried to tell an old lady her coupon has expired?
-----------------------------------------------------------
Why can't millennials take a joke?

Because the jokes always hit a little too close to their parent's house.

• Haha
  • Winner
Reactions: 12cents and YFCvii
So ... not a Tesla noticed on the road as much as I normally see ...
and News Broadcasting YYC’s advocation to avoid electricity use at peak times ... like as people return home from work to happily plug an EV in.
I do not think “Greta’s World” would be that wonderful and more or less become “reGreta’s World” perhaps.

B64B53EE-E49B-402C-8E16-5DEF95121F26.jpeg

Last edited:
So ... not a Tesla noticed on the road as much as I normally see ...
and News Broadcasting YYC’s advocation to avoid electricity use at peak times ... like as people return home from work to happily plug an EV in.
I do not think “Greta’s World” would be that wonderful and more or less become “reGreta’s World” perhaps.

View attachment 35320
Wait a minute here. Why are you guys complaining about plugging in EV‘s when anywhere in the Prairies this time of year you also have to plug in gasoline powered vehicles?

One way or the other, you poor sob’s are going to be “plugging in”....

:ROFL:

One way or the other, you poor sob’s are going to be “plugging in”....
Really ?
Kinda away from the point of quoting my comment of the life line of the EV.
and not too funny as not every one needs to plug in a block heater to run a vehicle.
JMO
A255E123-DAD2-4E67-9F1F-C6264F0FA222.jpeg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread