I thought it was screech?
Screech was the NFLD drink of choice and any time I've ever tried it, I wasn't much of a fan. Moonshine on the coast was also often referred to as screech and we had our share of moonshiners back then too. It was tolerable mixed with Mountain Dew but that was about it. Once you drank enough of it and just before you became comatose, it did start to taste better though.... lol.. :drunk:

I was surprised how drunk we got on swish being that it should be just watered down whiskey. And we weren't kids. We just had access to some used whiskey barrels. We would swish them and then, wow, got wobbly faster than normal.

I was surprised how drunk we got on swish being that it should be just watered down whiskey. And we weren't kids. We just had access to some used whiskey barrels. We would swish them and then, wow, got wobbly faster than normal.
If you limit your greed and the water to about 6 litres or so, you will get about the same alcohol content as the original batch.

• Agree
Reactions: 1st Vette
If you limit your greed and the water to about 6 litres or so, you will get about the same alcohol content as the original batch.
Market Place did a show on swish one time that one could probably find online although it was several years ago. They bought a barrel and put a gallon of hot water in, turned it regularly for several days and then filtered it . They did a blind taste test against four or five retail brands of Canadian rye whiskey. If I recall they had a restaurant manager, a bartender, one of the crew and a couple of local lushes and the swish won ! I took a look but there are 374 episodes.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
1713116647591.png

It's not often I feel my age but yesterday was one of those days. Took the skidsteer down the driveway to level out a couple of spots when one of my tire chains came loose. Limped back to my shop, knowing full well this wasn't going to be any fun as I had installed the chains a couple years ago.
First step. Out comes the jack-all. No problem until I start to lift and realize this light frame of mine isn't going to raise the tire off the ground. No problem.. Get my long bar inserted into the handle and up it goes.
Get the air impact and a 1 inch socket and off comes the nuts. Easy.
Pull the wheel off and let it flop over on the ground. Easy.
Take the tire chain off and re-install. Bit of a pain but not too much problem.
Lift it up to put back on the hub. Problem. Then I remember how freaking heavy a skid steer wheel and tire complete with chains is.

After busting my ass for 20 minutes trying to lift what feels like a 2000 pound wheel up I realized this isn't happening.
Finally smartened up and rolled the tire onto boards laid on the ground numerous times until i finally hit the right height to get the studs lined up.

Next time I am going to try to get the skidsteer high enough that i can get one of my floor jacks under the tire and with someone balancing it use the jack to raise it into place... Will let you know next time if that works... lol...

PXL_20240415_204947574.jpg

It's not often I feel my age but yesterday was one of those days. Took the skidsteer down the driveway to level out a couple of spots when one of my tire chains came loose. Limped back to my shop, knowing full well this wasn't going to be any fun as I had installed the chains a couple years ago.
First step. Out comes the jack-all. No problem until I start to lift and realize this light frame of mine isn't going to raise the tire off the ground. No problem.. Get my long bar inserted into the handle and up it goes.
Get the air impact and a 1 inch socket and off comes the nuts. Easy.
Pull the wheel off and let it flop over on the ground. Easy.
Take the tire chain off and re-install. Bit of a pain but not too much problem.
Lift it up to put back on the hub. Problem. Then I remember how freaking heavy a skid steer wheel and tire complete with chains is.

After busting my ass for 20 minutes trying to lift what feels like a 2000 pound wheel up I realized this isn't happening.
Finally smartened up and rolled the tire onto boards laid on the ground numerous times until i finally hit the right height to get the studs lined up.

Next time I am going to try to get the skidsteer high enough that i can get one of my floor jacks under the tire and with someone balancing it use the jack to raise it into place... Will let you know next time if that works... lol...

View attachment 123216
Looks like you put the chain on wrong. You have the inside on the outside if there is lever hook on those chains.
Plus looks like some backyard mechanics at work there making your chains smaller. lol. I'm proud of you! ;)

Looks like you put the chain on wrong. You have the inside on the outside if there is lever hook on those chains.
Plus looks like some backyard mechanics at work there making your chains smaller. lol. I'm proud of you! ;)
Yeah. They were a set of tractor trailer triples that I cut down. That's the inside you're looking at. The outsides have the cam locks. I just had it leaning up against the skid steer at that point.

Reactions: Murray20c8