@ VINDIC8R: Its not a quota of the total number of units. Its a 3-4% of total production. quota would refer to a limitation on the actual number of units.

In reality GM Canada got almost 4 times the number of vehicles for MY 2014. Throughour 2009-2013 GM Canada only sold about 300 vehicles/year. Whereas in 2014 GM Canada sold close to 1200 C7's -- a 300% increase year over year.

2013 -- US deliveries 17,291 vs Canada deliveries 324 -- about 1.8% of total production
2014 -- US deliveries 34,839 vs Canada deliveries 1181 -- about 3.3% of total production

Production by percentage for Canada actually almost doubled while the number of units went up 4 times.

That takes me back to the exchange rate and relative price which inflated the demand even more in Canada than in US for an equally remarkable product.

Thanks for the data update Owais.

I guess it just reads bad that someone could walk in to a dealer with nearly 100K and not be able to order a car.

So, how does a dealer grow the number of Corvettes he/she can sell? If I am Doug's Chev and I have an allocation of one Corvette and five customers wanting Vettes, how do I get four more Corvettes? Turning away customers cannot be the right answer.

Not entirely true for the most part... From day one, the ONLY thing that I could get from GM Chat is that the order is accepted and there is no build date. I have tried numerous times to get the status code and they have replied numerous times that they cannot. I have been told by Chat that the ONLY info they get is the build date.

Thats odd , I talked to GM chat a number of times during the process last summer and they always had the status code available to me.

Owais,
did you get a chance to mention about all the C7 Corvettes in the US, available for sale
on Autotrader.com, or Cars.com ?
There are over 3000 C7s (new) for sale.... mostly by dealers.
So obviously, dealers are ordering them WITHOUT Customers.

So why can't a Canadian buy one from a US dealer, if there aren't any available
for the Canadian customer in Canada?

I think GM is white-washing a whole bunch of stuff.

They could have many more satisfied customers, just by making more cars
available to Canada... via whatever means.
They don't have to increase production, or anything like that.

Am I ever glad I was able to find a used one on eBay, and I snapped it up.

I agree that it's long wait. And it's hard when you see a surplus of vehicles in the USA. However, on the positive side, GM Canada has priced the Vette in Canada much more competitively than it's competitors. As a result, with our lower dollar, you could almost sell your used vehicle and make a profit.

Thats odd , I talked to GM chat a number of times during the process last summer and they always had the status code available to me.

Well that gives me a pain. Whenever I did tjhe GM Chat thing they would never confirm a code just a stock statement of order received or car scheduled for production. I finally did get a TPW but never a code. Strange.

I was able to place an order before the price increase last week, but have to agree that the idea of allocations is nonsense. This is the first time I am going through it and understand the frustration everyone is going through (including myself).

We are fortunate to have someone like Owais who can explain how this craziness works, and provide some excellent guidance. I have reached out to him and he has been very helpful.

Now I just have to patiently wait for my car to arrive.... hopefully this summer.

I was able to place an order before the price increase last week, but have to agree that the idea of allocations is nonsense. This is the first time I am going through it and understand the frustration everyone is going through (including myself).

We are fortunate to have someone like Owais who can explain how this craziness works, and provide some excellent guidance. I have reached out to him and he has been very helpful.

Now I just have to patiently wait for my car to arrive.... hopefully this summer.

I have to tell you that even though I have had my C7 for only 3 weeks and driven it only about 2 feet, it was so worth the wait. I may have only backed the car onto some floor mats but I have put a few miles on entering and exiting the cockpit. :)

I ordered a base 2015 C7 last weekend and was told it would be 8-12 weeks. Now after reading this I am concerned that was BS perhaps. They said a Z51 or a Z06 was not doable but a C7 base would be here for spring.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.