20180321_130035[1].jpg
Day 4 progress, got the high spots filed down with a Vixen File, need one more application of weld and I should be ready to prep for LM. (Lay up mandrel) (Composite
20180321_130035[1].jpg
speak lol)

Leaps and bounds Darrell from where you started.... Very kewl watching this happen even if I would never attempt to duplicate what you're doing..just not my area of expertise.. Pumped to see the next stage though.... :thumbs:

Thanks Eric!
20180321_184000[1].jpg
20180321_184014[1].jpg

I REALLY want to thank ALLL you for your support in this!!

Its nice having your peeps at your back! :Cheers2:

Final skim I hope done.

Leaps and bounds Darrell from where you started.... Very kewl watching this happen even if I would never attempt to duplicate what you're doing..just not my area of expertise.. Pumped to see the next stage though.... :thumbs:
Lol I hear you Eric....Theres been a few times during this process, where I've said to self "Are ya sure you wanna do that"? Lol. Experience with plastics, and body shops is helping alot.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Lol I hear you Eric....Theres been a few times during this process, where I've said to self "Are ya sure you wanna do that"? Lol. Experience with plastics, and body shops is helping alot.

Ha.. I know that feeling. It's when you say "hold my beer and watch this"

I have never heard of anyone doing this, so if you haven't with your background then I believe your feelings are Corvette normal Darrell.

Carry on as we are attentively watching and of course hoping this new innovative idea turns out fantastic for you. :thumbs:

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Ha.. I know that feeling. It's when you say "hold my beer and watch this"

I have never heard of anyone doing this, so if you haven't with your background then I believe your feelings are Corvette normal Darrell.

Carry on as we are attentively watching and of course hoping this new innovative idea turns out fantastic for you. :thumbs:
Thanks Derek!
Im thinking that Im going to use some S glass with this. Carbon Fiber has hardly any compression strength and will fail under compression. Carbon Fiber up top and s glass under inside the cockpit. Carbon Core may be an idea too, I need to know how thick the top is tho, I havent pulled mine off yet. Anyone know?

I REALLY want to thank ALLL you for your support in this!!

Its nice having your peeps at your back! :Cheers2:

Final skim I hope done.

It's pretty easy to be supportive of other people working on their cars where if something goes wrong, it's their dime. :D
Just kidding. We know you can do this and it's a super cool project, so that is why we are rootin for you.

Reactions: ddgermann
Treading into very dangerous territory here I realize. I just cannot warm up to the carbon fibre look. GM builds the hood of the 04 Z16 in carbon fibre then paints it and puts a carbon fibre decal on it. WTH?

Just my worthless opinion. Thank you.

Reactions: ddgermann
Hey Eric......yes as a matter of fact im related to them haggis eaters lol. Stevenson and Favel clans. good idea! The one pattern does resemble tartan, doesn't It?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.