To get simple roadside services it costs $360 per year per car. $720 for 2 cars! (Edit: PLUS TAX)
For CAA it's around $235 per year for 2 cars! (Edit: WITH TAX)
FYI a friend of mine works for the Yorkies and he told me that no Corvette has been stolen in Ontario in the last (I think he said) ten years.
I live in Quebec, the capital of car thieves. I prefer,prevention than correction.😉 It will reduce my insurance rates.

I live in Quebec, the capital of car thieves. I prefer,prevention than correction.😉 It will reduce my insurance rates.
Also think about getting The Club as a visual theft deterrent. They may leave your car alone if they think they have to saw through the steering wheel or use liquid nitrogen on the lock. I found mine which I bought in 1992 and it still works perfectly.

Also think about getting The Club as a visual theft deterrent. They may leave your car alone if they think they have to saw through the steering wheel or use liquid nitrogen on the lock. I found mine which I bought in 1992 and it still works perfectly.
I have visual deterrent. Stickers! :p

To get simple roadside services it costs $360 per year per car. $720 for 2 cars! (Edit: PLUS TAX)
For CAA it's around $235 per year for 2 cars! (Edit: WITH TAX)
FYI a friend of mine works for the Yorkies and he told me that no Corvette has been stolen in Ontario in the last (I think he said) ten years.
Your friend is wrong. We have had posts of 3 I remember stolen in Ontario. One of the members had ihis Z06 stolen in 10 seconds from his driveway. He posted video of the thief. He just walked up, unlocked the door and drove away. The Onstar was hacked right away. The car was found abandoned and totally stripped. The member ended up buying a replacement 2017 Z06 from another past member from Edmonton. The other was a modified C5 stolen from a previous member name Arun who worked for DaSilva Motorsports in Cambridge (Now RaceReadyGarage). Can't remember who the third was....

Your friend is wrong. We have had posts of 3 I remember stolen in Ontario. One of the members had ihis Z06 stolen in 10 seconds from his driveway. He posted video of the thief. He just walked up, unlocked the door and drove away. The Onstar was hacked right away. The car was found abandoned and totally stripped. The member ended up buying a replacement 2017 Z06 from another past member from Edmonton. The other was a modified C5 stolen from a previous member name Arun who worked for DaSilva Motorsports in Cambridge (Now RaceReadyGarage). Can't remember who the third was....
Ya, my memory is terrible. Maybe he said none stolen last week! LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Dik
but none of those are C8s. As far as I know only 1 C8 was stolen, from a middle aged "instagram earner" under suspicions circumstances

The windows get a Tag mark on them. Thieves won't touch it. Tag has a 100 percent recovery rate.

Onstar relies on an onboard piece of equipment common to all vehicles with onstar capability. It’s not rocket science for a thief who knows how to disable that.
Our 10 seconds example (was a resale purchase) took a key fob or bypass and it was gone … and then onstar was of no help at all almost as quickly … so a pro-theft for sure.

Anyone who buys a used corvette should pay a GM Corvette dealership to wipe and reprogram for only the available fobs. About $150 and worth it.

Tag mark "Our logo is etched on the front driver and passenger side windows of your vehicle" - Really!
Not sure if you are surprised or being sarcastic, but that is common practice for many anti theft initiatives. My Camaro's had all the windows etched with a traceable number making it a deterrent to steal the car. Not foolproof, just an added incentive for the thief to move on to the next car.

Reactions: Bunny hop
Not sure if you are surprised or being sarcastic, but that is common practice for many anti theft initiatives. My Camaro's had all the windows etched with a traceable number making it a deterrent to steal the car. Not foolproof, just an added incentive for the thief to move on to the next car.
Just surprised. I fail to see how damaging your own vehicle, acts as a deterrent. A simple decal will do the same to alert a would-be thief “hey, think twice, this vehicle has a surprise for you!”

Just surprised. I fail to see how damaging your own vehicle, acts as a deterrent. A simple decal will do the same to alert a would-be thief “hey, think twice, this vehicle has a surprise for you!”
It's not damage. It's an acid decal they use to put a gentle etch on the glass. Barely detectable usually. You can buy kits that do it also. Then you use a plastic decal to notify would be thieves that the glass is etched and the car is traceable so if they are not chopping the car for parts they will have to replace the glass if they want to sell it. Just using a decal is a smaller deterrent, but I agree it still is a deterrent also.

ARMOR SHIELD IX by AvalonKing, $ 69.99 the #1 ceramic coating as tested against other coatings. I have always used Rejex great product and less then $ 30.00 but I might go to Armor Shield when I finally get my C8 18 months so far
I used Armor Shield on my C8 and aftermarket wheels. It's a great product, I will use it again on my next vehicle.

Reactions: Bunny hop
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.