Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting thought Kerry. I had a customer who went through the same thing after thieves stole their work computers. They did not want them they wanted the new ones which they got the second time.

Thieves. Hate them.

Reactions: kerry4
The knowledge this guy came into before stealing this vette smells of someone who has been planning this awhile. A keyfob bypass to ODB2/ECM is not a keep in your pocket device, requires a laptop and some equipment. Disabling the onstar portion requires some intimate knowledge of the car and to disable it within a short time requires knowing where and how the device is connected.

I'm suspecting he had a fob and was staking you out for an opportunity to swipe it.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Wow, this is crazy and very sorry to hear about it. How long is the video? Maybe you can post it to a facebook site? I would consider posting it for you on my Youtube Channel, but I only have about 500 subscribers and my channel is mixed car content so I don't know how much coverage you would get?

Reactions: Baron-Von-Rouge
Sadly I don't have a lot of images. I bought it on Jan 30 and it was sitting in my garage most of the time due to weather.

C7Z07.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: YFCvii
Wow, this is crazy and very sorry to hear about it. How long is the video? Maybe you can post it to a facebook site? I would consider posting it for you on my Youtube Channel, but I only have about 500 subscribers and my channel is mixed car content so I don't know how much coverage you would get?
Yes. I may do that. I need to get the right file size and file type sorted out.

Reactions: YFCvii
Thanks for photo ...
"2016 C7 Z06 / Z07 3LZ with 2600 km"
"VIN ....5612261"

Black Coupe & Black Wheels

Is that a Jake on the hood or just a reflection?
Interior Black?
Roof Black?
Any Exposed Carbon Fibre?
Was it customized/accessorized in any way?

If she comes to Alberta ... she will be noticed
"here kitty, kitty, kitty ..."

Sadly I don't have a lot of images. I bought it on Jan 30 and it was sitting in my garage most of the time due to weather.

View attachment 39772
looks like a high end car stealership, sure makes me wonder if an insider had a duplicate fob .... my car lives in a garage with security and my fobs are kept in a metal container in the house when not in use

Hi Baron, your neighbor Paul showed
me his video of the creep that stole your car as he walked by his house. First of all was the car purchased at a dealer or private? If a dealer, I would go hang around and see if anyone that works there matches the description including the car jockeys. You know that the police will do nothing to look for it unless it falls in their lap. Good luck, I feel your sorrow.

Thanks for photo ...
"2016 C7 Z06 / Z07 3LZ with 2600 km"
"VIN ....5612261"

Black Coupe & Black Wheels

Is that a Jake on the hood or just a reflection?
Interior Black?
Roof Black?
Any Exposed Carbon Fibre?
Was it customized/accessorized in any way?

If she comes to Alberta ... she will be noticed
"here kitty, kitty, kitty ..."

Hi guys,

Sorry I didn't reply earlier its been a busy week. I am very thankful to the good people on this forum, your support has been helpful. I am said to say that there is no need to keep a look out for the car, it was found on the side of the road all cut up, everything was removed. when the police came to the house saying they found it, I was so happy, then I spoke with them and they advised there was nothing left.

looks like a high end car stealership, sure makes me wonder if an insider had a duplicate fob .... my car lives in a garage with security and my fobs are kept in a metal container in the house when not in use

Throughout this whole ordeal this was exactly what I was thinking. I really hope it wasn't the dealer. I had my car in the Garage the whole time. this one time I had just gotten home and left on my driveway think I might wash it. Went in the house for less that 2 minutes and the car was gone.

Hi Baron, your neighbor Paul showed
me his video of the creep that stole your car as he walked by his house. First of all was the car purchased at a dealer or private? If a dealer, I would go hang around and see if anyone that works there matches the description including the car jockeys. You know that the police will do nothing to look for it unless it falls in their lap. Good luck, I feel your sorrow.

Wow small world... Paul is a great guy and glad he had his camera. The car was purchased at a dealer. The dealer has a good reputation and deals in high-end second hand cars.

This was a 2016 Z06 Z07 3LZ, it had less than 3500 KM on it. Its such a shame as it was basically a new car and lime you I loved it. It looks like the criminals who did this are either selling parts or building a car. They stripped everything, Steering, Seats, Trans, Lights, Dials, Engine etc...

Where would these guys sell the parts?

Attachments

• gutted 1.jpg
    gutted 1.jpg
    650.9 KB · Views: 105
  • gutted 2.jpg
    gutted 2.jpg
    745.3 KB · Views: 104
MAN! That sucks.....! Damn criminals.

Did you call ONSTAR to track the vehicle, and shut it down?
That is how they got my neighbour’s Cadillac back.

sorry.

graham

EDIT: Thinking outloud....I wonder if GM has a record of another key/fob request for that car?

If the prior owner had the ONSTAR activated when he owned it he may have had them unlock the car. ?

They disabled onstar within 10 minutes. I tried to call GM to see if they can tell me is there was any additional FOBs made but for some reason they said they do not have that information which is B.S. So the Police will be asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.