Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 23, 2015
Toronto
VetteCoins
Car
C7 Z06
Friends, I have been a member for a few years now. I purchase a new 2015 black C7 Z06 and 6 months later someone drove into me a the card was written off.

In January 2020 I purchase a used 2016 C7 Z06 / Z07 3LZ with 2600 km..

Today i went for a drive and when I can home I backed it on to my drive way, locked it and went inside to get a drink. Within 9 seconds of walking in the heard the engine and ran out. Saw it barreling down the street. This is the image of the person who took it. Just in case my plate is Bucephls.

Attachments

• iOS Image - 3825002031.jpg
    iOS Image - 3825002031.jpg
    564.9 KB · Views: 666
Hit send to soon. This happens in Toronto west end near Rathburn and Islington. I have both Key fobs and the car was off and locked on my driveway. The police think this person was likely planning this, the odd thing is that when someone uses the electronic hacking to steal a car they have some type of laptop in a backpack. It seems as though it was only this person and he wasn’t carrying anything. Almost like he had a key.

• Angry
Reactions: YFCvii and ccltj
Hit send to soon. This happens in Toronto west end near Rathburn and Islington. I have both Key fobs and the car was off and locked on my driveway. The police think this person was likely planning this, the odd thing is that when someone uses the electronic hacking to steal a car they have some type of laptop in a backpack. It seems as though it was only this person and he wasn’t carrying anything. Almost like he had a key.

This is truly unfortunate and frustrating for you. I am sorry to see you going through this. I wonder if you bought the car privately or through a dealership? I agree about the electronic hacking required to clone the FOBs withing range either in your possession or in your house requires a bit of time and some equipment be used. I have seen videos via security cameras where this was done.
If the video you have does not show him working a box to find and clone your FOBs then he must have had a valid FOB. Thus the question as to where you found and purchased the car.
With the few details I read it seems you have been set up to lose your car either before or at the time of purchase. I really hope you get to the bottom of this and that scumbag spends romantic months in a nice prison in budding one-sided romance. :meh:

That sucks. Thieves are every where these days. Last week a friend of mine had her purse stolen from her BMW. She put it in the trunk of her SUV while she had a quick lunch. She came back and three windows were broken to get her purse. Someone must have seen her put it in the back. He broke the front window hoping he could unlock the car but it needs the fob to unlock. So that didn't work so broke the two rear windows to get at her purse. Guess he was pissed that it was more trouble than he bargain for so keyed the whole side of her car. Purse, credit cards, licence, cash the whole works. Damage to her 6 month old BMW? $6,000.00 . Should mention she is a health care worker too. Out there saving lives while a crook does this to her. Makes me want to give up on this human race.

• Sad
Reactions: ccltj

This is truly unfortunate and frustrating for you. I am sorry to see you going through this. I wonder if you bought the car privately or through a dealership? I agree about the electronic hacking required to clone the FOBs withing range either in your possession or in your house requires a bit of time and some equipment be used. I have seen videos via security cameras where this was done.
If the video you have does not show him working a box to find and clone your FOBs then he must have had a valid FOB. Thus the question as to where you found and purchased the car.
With the few details I read it seems you have been set up to lose your car either before or at the time of purchase. I really hope you get to the bottom of this and that scumbag spends romantic months in a nice prison in budding one-sided romance. :meh:

ddgermann, thanks for both your and the other folks kind words and support. I am very angry and frustrated. I purchased from a dealer although I hate to think it’s true, I believe you are on to something.

• Agree
Reactions: YFCvii and ccltj
That sucks. Thieves are every where these days. Last week a friend of mine had her purse stolen from her BMW. She put it in the trunk of her SUV while she had a quick lunch. She came back and three windows were broken to get her purse. Someone must have seen her put it in the back. He broke the front window hoping he could unlock the car but it needs the fob to unlock. So that didn't work so broke the two rear windows to get at her purse. Guess he was pissed that it was more trouble than he bargain for so keyed the whole side of her car. Purse, credit cards, licence, cash the whole works. Damage to her 6 month old BMW? $6,000.00 . Should mention she is a health care worker too. Out there saving lives while a crook does this to her. Makes me want to give up on this human race.

Wow. Whoever did that is a true piece of $#it. Very upsetting to hear.

Reactions: kerry4
MAN! That sucks.....! Damn criminals.

Did you call ONSTAR to track the vehicle, and shut it down?
That is how they got my neighbour’s Cadillac back.

sorry.

graham

EDIT: Thinking outloud....I wonder if GM has a record of another key/fob request for that car?

If the prior owner had the ONSTAR activated when he owned it he may have had them unlock the car. ?

Last edited:
Sorry, bad luck
Either previous owner or someone at the dealer has a copy of the key. If a repo maybe a unhappy owner or someone custom stealing for an awful good drivetrain.

Reactions: Baron-Von-Rouge
Friends, I have been a member for a few years now. I purchase a new 2015 black C7 Z06 and 6 months later someone drove into me a the card was written off.

Today i went for a drive and when I can home I backed it on to my drive way, locked it and went inside to get a drink. Within 9 seconds of walking in the heard the engine and ran out. Saw it barreling down the street. This is the image of the person who took it. Just in case my plate is Bucephls.
There are more ways to steal exotic cars than you can imagine. As long as there are computer literates, there will be thieves using their electronic knowledge. No one thinks they will loose their Corvette out of their own driveway, but we all have to remind ourselves that this world is unsafe. Having gone out to prevent the theft could have cost you a bullet in the head.
There are theft proof devices which will shut the car off while stolen. They are expensive, have monthly fees, and require cutting into the main wiring harness.
Sorry for your loss, a man's Corvette is a very big DEAL....

Some people are suck.! .. I feel sorry for you .. hopefully you got your car back asap .. I'm gonna posted this on my FB just in case some of many of my friends in Toronto saw your car

That is so shocking to hear and makes me feel sick to my stomach. Around here there are a LOT of Super Duty's stolen, but you never hear of Corvettes being taken. That is insane how fast that can happen. I never would have imagined with all the theft deterrents there are in cars these days, so I would imagine that they must have had a copy of a fob. But that is just nuts! I'm very sorry to hear this.

Status
Not open for further replies.