I've done it with three different cars all using the pen you mentioned. It faded on every single car. This time around I got off my wallet and paid for the factory red stitching. I know you don't have that option with Orange. I hope you have better luck than I did with my orange C8.
My 1LZ came with red stitching at no extra charge, I really find it pops with my mostly black interior

I've done it with three different cars all using the pen you mentioned. It faded on every single car. This time around I got off my wallet and paid for the factory red stitching. I know you don't have that option with Orange. I hope you have better luck than I did with my orange C8.
My natural interior came with matching stitching. Not white. 2LT .

• Agree
Reactions: Vettenut
I’ve never been a big fan of white stitching in a C8, outside of maybe owning a white one …. Especially owning an Amplify Orange C8 it has always seemed unfinished. I’m sure every color is the same.

So after a slight debate with myself, I ordered the proper “fabric dye pens” in orange 🍊, and starting the colouring process ….

3.5 hours in, I’d say I’m 50% done. Not a difficult job, just a tedious one that simply takes time.

The results are super, I’m beyond happy making the decision to do this. It cannot be reversed, to be VERY clear …

I’ll post a complete set of pics when done this weekend.

View attachment 125081
I watched a YouTube video then bought a fabric pen and changed the white stitching to yellow to match the yellow seat belts and the accelerate yellow paint . I was surprised how easy a job this was .

I watched a YouTube video then bought a fabric pen and changed the white stitching to yellow to match the yellow seat belts and the accelerate yellow paint . I was surprised how easy a job this was .

If your gonna go red ..... just use a sharpie .... yea .... a sharpie ... I think they have orange sharpies too ... they are easy to get .... very cheap ... and will be available for ever

How many times have I ruined a shirt with sharpie ink ... too many times ... that ink is so powerful it will never come out

I wouldnt bother with the so called fabric pens

Check out this guy .....

• Winner
Reactions: 1st Vette
If your gonna go red ..... just use a sharpie .... yea .... a sharpie ... I think they have orange sharpies too ... they are easy to get .... very cheap ... and will be available for ever

How many times have I ruined a shirt with sharpie ink ... too many times ... that ink is so powerful it will never come out

I wouldnt bother with the so called fabric pens

Check out this guy .....

Looks to be a better method I would say. But it would exceed my patience threshold I’m afraid. Just pleased mine are already the right colour for the interior.

• Agree
I can't believe, at this stage in life, and all the bulls hit going on in the world, that the colour of your stitching is worth the time and effort. When I'm driving my car, I'm looking at the road ahead of me, not my sweet ass dash thread colour.

And don't even dare call it a "mod" lol...

I can't believe, at this stage in life, and all the bulls hit going on in the world, that the colour of your stitching is worth the time and effort. When I'm driving my car, I'm looking at the road ahead of me, not my sweet ass dash thread colour.

And don't even dare call it a "mod" lol...
So true .... but c'mon Mr J 🇮🇹 R ....... its all about the sexy ....

Looks to be a better method I would say. But it would exceed my patience threshold I’m afraid. Just pleased mine are already the right colour for the interior.
Yes very fortunate .... but like Iv said before in the early days when C8s were so rare half the time you didnt know what you ordered till you got it

Still to this day GMs website interior pic of the C8 with the standard light gray stitching is so inaccurate its not funny ... just look at the pic here ... judging by this I would say there is NO contrast stitching

Not that there is anything wrong with the standard stitching ... but I get why some would like to jazz it up a bit ;)

Interior

• Agree
Reactions: 1st Vette
Yes very fortunate .... but like Iv said before in the early days when C8s were so rare half the time you didnt know what you ordered till you got it

Still to this day GMs website interior pic of the C8 with the standard light gray stitching is so inaccurate its not funny ... just look at the pic here ... judging by this I would say there is NO contrast stitching

Not that there is anything wrong with the standard stitching ... but I get why some would like to jazz it up a bit ;)

Interior
Looks to be black, certainly not very distinct. My interior is a mix of natural and black but all of the thread matches the natural seat colour. Can’t say that I really noticed or thought about it while ordering but perhaps may have noticed had the stitches been white.
My sexy comes out the same colour of the base stitching, and swims the backstroke....
Might be time to reboot your modem…. :blown:

Users who are viewing this thread