Status
Not open for further replies.
Really, you're afraid of rain denting your hood?

Terrified of it hahah. Mostly not sure if I want to drive it naked.

What was your quote for the front end PPF ? And the ceramic ? Thanks.

Ceramic the dealership is forcing with a mandatory fee of 3k. PPF is $3545 and includes the rockers, side skirts, roof and a-pillars, full doors, rear bumper strips and full front end.

Terrified of it hahah. Mostly not sure if I want to drive it naked.

Ceramic the dealership is forcing with a mandatory fee of 3k. PPF is $3545 and includes the rockers, side skirts, roof and a-pillars, full doors, rear bumper strips and full front end.
With that amount of PPF why not cover the remaining 30% and forgo the ceramic ? $3,000 will buy a lot of oil changes etc .Just a thought. And are you sure that they can “ force “ the ceramic on you. I personally would suggest to them where to force it . Dry .

With that amount of PPF why not cover the remaining 30% and forgo the ceramic ? $3,000 will buy a lot of oil changes etc .Just a thought. And are you sure that they can “ force “ the ceramic on you. I personally would suggest to them where to force it . Dry .

Yeah unfortunately they've been adamant about it from the start regardless of how much or how little ceramic coating I need.

Here's another take on this mandatory PPF/Ceramic coating issue for you to consider:
Forget the 'paint protection' aspect for a minute, and think about factory defects.
Done properly, there will be a good deal of time spent on 'paint correction' by the detailer prior to this work being undertaken.
This work gets rid of those nasty factory swirls that you would otherwise be chasing the dealership about.
By insisting on the work, they get rid of the liability, and give you a nice shinny car, all on your dime.
Don't believe the problem exists? - talk to the guys actually doing the work about the kind of messes these cars can show up in.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Here's another take on this mandatory PPF/Ceramic coating issue for you to consider:
Forget the 'paint protection' aspect for a minute, and think about factory defects.
Done properly, there will be a good deal of time spent on 'paint correction' by the detailer prior to this work being undertaken.
This work gets rid of those nasty factory swirls that you would otherwise be chasing the dealership about.
By insisting on the work, they get rid of the liability, and give you a nice shinny car, all on your dime.
Don't believe the problem exists? - talk to the guys actually doing the work about the kind of messes these cars can show up in.

I don't think upselling a ceramic coating for nearly 300% is as good of a deal as you make it, I don't think that would make up for the paint corrections.

But I'm also of the mindset that you'd hope the bare basics of buying a car this expensive car is paint correction and not just "hey this is how it came out of the factory, take it or leave it".

When I got a full PPF on the C8 I did paint correction. Since I didn't want any swirls, orange peel and minor scratches, since no factory paint is perfect. Also on all C8s rear bumper near the bottom you can see a line running down on both driver and passenger side. Which paint correction fixed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231204_131016_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20231204_131016_Instagram.jpg
    327.7 KB · Views: 0
I have seen demonstrations that paint correction is unnecessary for areas that PPF will be covering. Only areas were PPF will not be applied.
Scott,
The next time you are in that London dealership (with a few Corvettes parked inside), have a look at the paint on the baby blue C8.
It's horrible.
No amount of 'saran wrap' is going to fix that!

Also on all C8s rear bumper near the bottom you can see a line running down on both driver and passenger side. Which paint correction fixed.
Where exactly? I don't remember seeing any lines on my car before paint correction and ceramic.

I didn't see them at first till the shop pointed out and then pointed it out on two other C8s. It it roughly in middle rear cooling vents horizontal down the painted section. Attached image for reference, forgot to take one before it was corrected.

Attachments

• 20231221_112240.jpg
    20231221_112240.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.