Rruuff Day

Staff member
Power User
Beta
Aug 30, 2014
VetteCoins
Well here we are...Stanley Cup finals start Saturday, June 8 between the Edmonton Oilers and the Florida Panthers. It's been 13 years since a Canadian team has played in the final series and 31 years since a Canadian team has won the Cup. If you're not an NHL hockey fan you likely don't care, but for those of us that are fans, this is our chance.

Since moving to Alberta from NS some 45 years ago, I have been an Oilers fan and watched them have some great record breaking years and some not so great mired in the mud years. So for me and the majority of Alberta and the west, this is an exciting time. Hopefully the rest of Canada feels the same way no matter what your favorite team is.

We have watched some great competitive hockey throughout these playoffs from all 8 teams and I fully expect that to continue starting Saturday.

Go Canada Go....Go Oilers Go.

oilers.png

I think we should have a Mod to Mod wager Murray.... How about an All-In with Vettecoins.... :canada:
LOL. I really don't care who wins, but if I was betting, I'd likely take the oilers. I'd never bet against McJesus.

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Yes. Gretzky is still playing....if you count golf... Shame you're missing as good or better hockey than the Gretzky years...
Haven't watched hockey since Bettman did away with "ties" (circa 2005-2006?) and introduced some distasteful NBA-style razzle-dazzle into the game, which vaguely reminded me of some of the CHL/AHL (aka bush league) games I had witnessed in years gone by.
Pity, as I did like the NHL before that money grubbing troll, and the US owners of the same ilk, got their hands on our game.

Haven't watched hockey since Bettman did away with "ties" (circa 2005-2006?) and introduced some distasteful NBA-style razzle-dazzle into the game, which vaguely reminded me of some of the CHL/AHL (aka bush league) games I had witnessed in years gone by.
Pity, as I did like the NHL before that money grubbing troll, and the US owners of the same ilk, got their hands on our game.
Too bad. Aside from the BS, the on ice play is great to watch.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.