I trust Manny completely.

You can tell there is a evil little speed demon in him though.

I asked him as a new vette owner what gear he passes in.... he asked me what gear I pass in... I said today I was doing 5th gear pulls to pass and he stared at me like I had just broken all 10 commandments at once. When I told him I used 6th gear on the way up he said "I never use 6th"... I felt shame. LOL.

Still getting used to the gearing in the car... I was not brave enough to try a 4th downshift at 110km/hour. I did find out that 5th hits the speed spot right about 2x the legal speed limit =O

When passing on a single lane highway, sometimes I'll use 4th if I want to get around them quickly...but that's in a mostly stock car. I couldn't imagine what it would be like in a car with at least 50% more HP!:eek: You would think that you would have to be careful because you could end up zooming right past your destination if you stayed on it a second too long.:rofl:

As a 'don't own a Corvette yet' member, I hope you realize this talk is maxing out my 'want a Corvette now' meter. :D I've experienced speeds like this and you're right, the only place for high speed is on a track. Of course I'm all for WOT on highway ramps to get up to 120 and then back off to cruising speed.

Alright you guys , just becuase I drop the hammer at 120km down to 3rd gear doesn't mean I am evil .................just insane :rofl: Love to buzz that 8 grand mark on the tack :coolgleam:

By the way the Yellow beast is safe and sound in the cave and the numbers are as follows :

492 RWHP
575 RWTQ

That should get you motoring :driving:

[email protected]

Last edited:
That 575 seems too high? you mean 475?

Hmmm given that you bolded it... it must be right.... damn that chart I had was completely fictitious then. It also explains why it pulls like hell in 5th.

Note to self, never put DR's on this car or prepare for new rearend.

Last edited:
Alright you guys , just becuase I drop the hammer at 120km down to 3rd gear doesn't mean I am evil .................just insane :rofl: Love to buzz that 8 grand mark on the tack :coolgleam:

By the way the Yellow beast is safe and sound in the cave and the numbers are as follows :

492 RWHP
575 RWTQ

That should get you motoring :driving:

[email protected]

Wow that is some crazy torque value, instant tire shreader :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.